Interested in learning more about Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9000? We are hosting a myriad of activities here at Cisco Live Milan 2015! With Meet the Expert sessions and Demos at the World of Solutions, DevNet Zone labs, a plethora of breakout sessions, and customer whisper suite sessions, there is a wide range of content available throughout the week at the MiCo. Check out the highlights below.
- “Let’s Discuss: Cisco’s Controllers – Why, What, How, When”
Wednesday, January 28 • 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Monday, January 26 • 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- “API Deep Dive: APIC DC APIs”
Thursday, January 29 • 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1.TECACI-2009 – Intermediate – Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) – The Policy Driven Data Center
2.BRKAPP-9000 – Introduction to Application Centric Infrastructure.
3.BRKACI-2001 – Intermediate – Integration and Interoperation of existing Nexus networks into an ACI architecture
4.TECDCT-2002 – Intermediate – Next Generation Data Center Infrastructure
5.BRKAPP-9004 – Intermediate – Data Center Mobility, VXLAN & ACI Fabric Architecture
6.BRKACI-3456 – Advanced – Mastering OpenStack and ACI
7.TECDCT-2002 – Intermediate – Next Generation Data Center Infrastructure
8.BRKACI-2006 – Intermediate – Integration of Hypervisors and L4-7 Services into an ACI Fabric
9.LTRDCT-1224 – Intermediate – Implementing VXLAN in Datacenter
10.BRKDCT-1302 – APIC and Nexus 9000: Network Programmability and Automation
11.BRKVIR-2931 – Intermediate – End-to-End Application-Centric Data Center
Cisco ACI/N9K Whisper Suites
Please visit https://cisco.jifflenow.com/livedcmilan2015 to register a request. Please note a Cisco domain name is required.
Whisper suites are being held offsite at:
Melia Milano Hotel
Via Masaccio, 19
We hope you will enjoy the show.
Tags: Breakout sessions, Cisco ACI, Cisco Live Milan, DevNet Zone Labs, meet the expert, Nexus 9000, whisper suite sessions, world of solutions
Today is the final day of a very busy and successful Cisco Live Milan 2014. Read my initial observations from the event earlier this week.
As the event draws to a close, lets look at some of the location analytics available via Cisco’s Connected Mobile Experiences solution (CMX) and perhaps try to answer some of the following questions about the event.
For this I will just focus on the World of Solutions Show floor – approximately 800,000 sq feet in size, and containing all the Cisco Booths and the partner displays.
- How many people actually visited the world of solutions?
- How many people did the different Cisco Booths attract?
- Where was the busiest part of the show floor?
These and other insights can be derived from looking at the business intelligence that emerges from CMX. Read More »
Tags: #CLEUR, analytics, business intelligence, ciscolive, cmx, controller, crowding, customer, data, deployment, device, dwell time, early adopter, event, heat map, insight, lbs, location, location based services, location services, location-based, mobile, mobility, mse, network, operation, services, solution, technology, visitor, wi-fi, wi-fi location, wifi, wifi location, wireless, world of solutions, wos
Cisco Live Milan 2014 kicked off this morning with an opening keynote by Rob Lloyd. During the session Rob shared Cisco’s vision of the Internet of Everything, and explored the industry trends and technologies that are making that vision a reality. One of these areas is enabled by Cisco’s CMX solutions and our growing ecosystem of partners.
To illustrate how this vision is becoming a reality, a CMX demo was shown on stage. The demo related to a wine producer ( we are in Italy by the way..) who was able to engage with their customers via their mobile app. Enabling the customer find the particular wines they are interested in, interact with the wine maker, get location specific promotions and really deliver a highly personalized and location specific service.
CMX at Cisco Live Day 1:
The whole venue has been designed and setup for WiFi location based services and CMX is running across the complete conference. Read More »
Tags: analytics, App, application, Cisco, cisco live, cmx, Conference, customer, customized, device, Enterprise, experience, heat map, innovation, innovative, interaction, internet, Internet of Everything, keynote, lbs, location, location based services, location specific, location-based, map, mobile, mobility, network, personalized, promotion, rob lloyd, service, technology, venue, wi-fi, wifi, wireless, wlan, world of solutions, wos
Today Cisco Live! in North America kicks off in Las Vegas with about 14,000 attendees. This will be the first of a number of worldwide Cisco Live! events this year with others planned in Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Australia. All around the world, Cisco Live! has evolved to become an event where Cisco experts can interact with us and each other, learn technical skills, and stay up-to-date with what’s relevant in the industry. This year’s tag line, “Learn. Connect. Collaborate Together”, applies well to the Cloud market as we bring forward a smarter, stronger, and faster methodology for service delivery. Together.
If you’re going to be here in Las Vegas this week for Cisco Live!, here are some sessions I suggest you check out:
- Exhibit Floor: Open all week, I hope you will swing by the World of Solutions. The World of Solutions has demonstrations from a number of innovative cloud partners. As an example, you can see our Service Provider Cloud pod with a demo showing our work with BMC on the Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform and my team will be glad to talk to you about where you stand today, opportunities for us to work together on, and answer any other questions.
- Movie Theater at our Partner Pavilion: We have great videos to share with you, including a 3D movie called “Journey to the New Services Universe” and great videos from SAVVIS, NaviSite, Qwest, CSC, BT Global Services, and Terremark to name a few. While over at the theater, please check out what some of our other partners including PAETEC, SunGard, NEC, and Dimension Data are there to talk about regarding the Cloud and their specialties in improving your business.
- Enabling the Service Provider Cloud Evolution (Wednesday, Noon-1:30 PM PST): A registration-required lunch event where Cisco invites you to join a distinguished panel of experts (including Jeff Spagnola, VP Sales – Cisco Cloud and Managed Services, Alex Rigaldo, Chief Operations – Orange Business Sytems Cloud Computing, Jesper Andersen, Senior VP – Cisco Network Management Technology Group, Dave Lively, Director – Cisco Systems Development for Cloud/DC, Sidney Morgan, Cisco Distinguished IT Engineer, Vikrant Karvir, VP, Cisco Global Cloud/DC Virtualization Services, and myself) to discuss the latest advances in Cisco’s Service Provider Cloud Architecture. Cisco’s approach to cloud opportunities includes helping to build out the data centers powering the cloud, as well as applying capabilities in the network to enable intelligent connectivity within and beyond the data center. Please use session identification GENSP-4743 to register for the event.
- The Network’s Role in Cloud (Tuesday, 8-9:30 AM PST): A brand new session directed at the Service Provider crowd led by Pat Adamiak, Sr. Director, Cisco Service Provider Data Center/Cloud Marketing, on the pivotal role that the network plays for Service Providers in the creation and delivery of differentiated services. The session will cover innovations within the network that enable cloud services, discussing core features, instrumentation, and intelligent automation services to leverage the full capabilities of the SP network and capture the cloud opportunity. This session is listed under BRKSPG-1701 in the event agenda.
Read More »
Tags: BMC, cisco live, cloud services, data center, service delivery, Service Provider, world of solutions