In my first #CiscoChat I hosted together with Anabelle Pinto, we were joined by Gaurav Pant and Sahir Anand from EKN Research to share their perspective and dig deeper into additional findings from Cisco and IDC. We started by defining who the digital consumer is, what type of services they’re looking for and what shoppers want and expect, all while providing the security they need.
Here are a few highlights from the #CiscoChat:
Who is today’s digital shopper?
Read More »
Tags: ciscochat, digital, omnichannel, retail, Ron Kjelden, security, shopper, technology, transformation, wi-fi
In recent years, wireless has become the preferred means of access for networks. This change may be have been inevitable to some, but why did this happen? What has changed to make this possible? Not too long ago, there was a time when wireless had the reputation of not having the reliability or performance for everyday use in enterprise networks. But a few events occurred that can be directly attributed to the changed perception of wireless networks.
One event was the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement, which increased the use of Wi-Fi as a means of access. Beside the growth of Read More »
Tags: #wireless, 802.11ac wave 2, beamforming, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), Cisco ClientLink, Cisco HDX, Cisco Mobility, Cisco Wi-Fi, Cisco Wireless, clean air, enterprise network, reliability, SSO, wi-fi
Growing Market Share Leadership in Mobility – #1 in Packet Core, EPC, MME, SGW, & PGW for Q2 2015, driven by demand for LTE, Wi-Fi, VoWi-Fi, VoLTE, Policy Suite.
Wasn’t that a great lunar event Sunday Night? We had a great view of the full moon, lunar eclipse, blood moon last night that won’t occur again until 2030 something. A before and after picture of the lunar event.
So the reason I am blogging this week is to give you an update from Read More »
Tags: Agile, Cisco, Cisco Services, EPC, Evolved Packet Core, HD Voice, IMS, innovation, Jim O’Leary, Metaswitch Networks, OpenCloud, PCRF, Policy Suite, Policy Suite for Service Providers, Service Provider, service provider wi-fi, Telco Cloud, TTM, vIMS, Virtualized packet core, voice over lte, Voice-over Wi-Fi, VoLTE, VoWi-Fi, vPC, wi-fi
In the highly competitive hospitality industry, seamless, consistent and fast Wi-Fi connections and analytics can greatly influence revenue and guest satisfaction. With the Cisco Mobility Express Solution— an enterprise class Wi-Fi in a simple, affordable solution designed for small to medium deployments— combined with the Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) Cisco’s location-based solution, everyone can have a five-star experience.
- Guests aren’t the only ones who need reliable Wi-Fi to keep business moving forward. Mobility Express Solutions can help keep everyone connected, your guests and staff included, on a single combined network.
- Or easily partition a secure guest Wi-Fi network for guests and visitors to use.
- Operating a smaller hotel doesn’t equal small Wi-Fi options. Cisco’s Mobility Express provides enterprise class wireless solutions for small and medium-deployments.
- No dedicated IT staff? No problem! Mobility Express Solutions can be deployed within five minutes – all backed with Cisco innovation.
- No need to watch the clock. In just ten minutes, Mobility Express Solutions can provide fast and secure Wi-Fi with Cisco-backed connectivity.
- Real-time information on your hotel’s most popular locations can greatly influence your bottom line. Whether it’s a point-of-sale system at the front desk, restaurant or gift shop, Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences analytics puts that information at your fingertips.
- Want to optimize customer engagement? Connect with them where they connect with your network using Cisco’s Connected Mobile Experiences analytics.
From cozy bed and breakfasts to mid-size business-focused hotels, Cisco Mobility Express and Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences solutions provide the insights and analytics operators need to revitalize and personalize guest engagement and business objectives.
Visit our Mobility Express Solutions and Connected Mobile Experiences pages to see how Cisco can help you make the business decisions that keep guests coming back.
Tags: Cisco Mobility, cmx, hospitality, Mobility Express Solution, wi-fi
Well I told you that we would be back real soon with another update and here you go. As you remember we recently blogged that ACG Research again confirmed that Cisco continues to be the leading provider of Mobile Packet Core and Mobile IP Infrastructure over the past several quarters.
Now another analyst firm, IHS Infonetics Research highlights that Cisco has indeed increased our Mobile Packet Core in Lead to 24.9%, an increase of +4.5% points from Q1 2015 based on EPC / 3G Packet Core data in their report “Mobile Infrastructure Equipment” for Q2 2015. That is three consecutive quarters in a row that IHS Infonetics Data has shown that Cisco has increased our market share for the Mobile Packet Core.
So where is this customer momentum Read More »
Tags: Agile, Cisco, Cisco Services, EPC, Evolved Packet Core, HD Voice, IMS, innovation, Jim O’Leary, Metaswitch Networks, OpenCloud, PCRF, Policy Suite, Policy Suite for Service Providers, Service Provider, service provider wi-fi, Telco Cloud, TTM, vIMS, Virtualized packet core, voice over lte, VoLTE, vPC, wi-fi