In this week’s episode of Engineers Unplugged, we take a break from talking about the technology and talk about the technologists! Where is your career headed, what are the trends? John Mark Troyer (@jtroyer) and Matthew Brender (@mjbrender) discuss the silos and the pros and cons of being a generalist vs a specialist.
Technology is quickly evolving from ACI to the storage space. Conclusion: always be learning. Especially if you’re in a unicorn-drawdown.
This is Engineers Unplugged, where technologists talk to each other the way they know best, with a whiteboard. The rules are simple:
- Episodes will publish weekly (or as close to it as we can manage)
- Subscribe to the podcast here: engineersunplugged.com
- Follow the #engineersunplugged conversation on Twitter
- Submit ideas for episodes or volunteer to appear by Tweeting to @CommsNinja
- Practice drawing unicorns
Join the behind the scenes by liking Engineers Unplugged on Facebook.
Tags: IT careers