When the Best of Interop 2015 award winners were announced at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, the ITD team members couldn’t control their emotions. This team is well known to work in a startup-mode — comes up with new ideas, builds a prototype, demonstrates it to the executives and SEs, goes into execution mode, and delivers a world class solution.
As the leader of this team, I was asked by several media representatives for an interview. Here is an interview by Information Week news desk (watch full-screen for HD):
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is now shipping on Nexus 9k/7k/5k series of switches.
Here is an informative blog on ITD.
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Apparently a lot! And the Best of Interop Commitee this year in Las Vegas agree. Cisco is the proud recipient of the Best of Interop Award in 2015 for the Mobility/Wireless category.
Understanding customer behavior is a key asset for any business. This is also true in the growing field of indoor location-based services such as those supported by Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX). A more accurate solution can help a business with their pain points: gaining more accurate data analytics on customer behavior, better statistics for operational optimization, and even providing better customer-facing content. In today’s world, the greater the location accuracy, the greater the relevance of the content.
The Cisco’s Hyperlocation Module provides that accuracy. As one of today’s most advanced location solutions, Cisco Hyperlocation is precise in pinpointing beacons, inventory, and personal mobile devices. Other vendor solutions use multiple access points to triangulate location coordinates within 5 to 7 meters of accuracy, but Hyperlocation, in conjunction with BLE beacons, can pinpoint locations to within a single meter.
It is this advancement in location-based data acquisition and analysis that brought Cisco to the forefront of the Mobility/Wireless category at Interop and sequentially allowed us to win the category.
Cisco Accepts the Best of Interop Award at Interop Las Vegas 2015
From Left to Right with two representatives from UBM, from Cisco; Bill Rubino, Yasser Hannush, Brian Robertson and Gagan Arora Read More »
Tags: Best of Interop Award 2015, BLE beacons, Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences, Cisco Mobility, cmx, Hyperlocation, Hyperlocation Module, interop, location based services
We’ve been talking for a while about Cisco ACI’s leadership in SDN security features (like here), and in the design of our fine-grained security policy enforcement between individual workloads, sometimes called microsegmentation. Today, here at Interop, Las Vegas, Cisco is reaffirming its thought leadership in data center security and SDN automation with a couple of announcements, including the integration of Cisco FirePOWER next generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) into the ACI security framework. In other news, another ACI ecosystem security partner was announced last week at the RSA Security Conference: Fortinet, who will be integrating their Fortigate firewall platform with ACI.
The Cisco ACI + FirePOWER solution enables real-time detection, mitigation and remediation for advanced security threats inside the data center by combining granular application visibility and control, threat detection, advanced malware protection (AMP) capabilities of FirePOWER NGIPS with ACI microsegmentation, advanced security service insertion, and L4-7 policy automation. To quickly summarize how this all comes together and a sample use case for ACI security, we created the following video:
Available in June, 2015, new ACI advanced security works to protect data centers before, during, and after attacks, dynamically detecting threats and automating incident responses. The Cisco FirePOWER family of security appliances consists of industry-leading NGFW, NGIPS appliances offering best-in-class threat effectiveness, superior visibility and global threat intelligence.
FirePOWER + ACI = Automated Security with Advanced Protection Across Attack Continuum for Physical and Virtual
Read More »
Tags: ACI, Advanced Malware Protection, FirePOWER, Fortinet, interop, pci, security
Interop is just around the corner. I am sure there will be plenty of thought provoking content about how to transform IT, compelling demos, and SDN everywhere. But let’s not forget the reality of most IT organizations today.
The majority face the fact that digital innovation is overwhelming their enterprise network. Everything from internal and external Web apps, SaaS, HD video, software updates, mobile apps and even digital signage are traversing the network eating up valuable bandwidth. Analysts even predict that average enterprise bandwidth requirements will increase by up to 50% per year while 60% of WAN budgets are flat or declining.
In addition most enterprises seem to subscribe to doing more with less – particularly when it comes to IT – so upgrading enterprise network bandwidth across locations every few years just isn’t viable – both from a budget and agility perspective. That is not to mention that a lot of enterprises can’t upgrade their bandwidth even if they wanted to due to branch location. Read More »
Tags: Akamai Connect, enterprise networks, interop, IWAN, WAN
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video