March 14 – 15 marked the National Finals Competition of CyberPatriot, the largest high school cyber defense competition in the United States.
With students crowded around laptops, routers and clocks counting down, teams were given a business scenario. Told that they were newly hired IT professionals managing the network of a small company, they were given 12 virtual machines that they had to wipe of the most vulnerabilities in the shortest amount of time.
Taking place just outside of Washington, D.C., as the teams raced to defend their networks from attack, the event resembled a scene out of the show 24. And if it showed us anything, it’s that our future cybersecurity workforce is bright. Read More »
Tags: cyberpatriot, cybersecurity, defense, edchat, edtech, military, stem
The Global Certification Team (GCT) is pleased to announce the DoD UCAPL approval of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)! The CUCM was listed on Release (Rel) 8.6 as a Local Session Controller (LSC) with Tracking number (TN) 1108301.
As the core of the Cisco Collaboration portfolio infrastructure, Cisco Unified Communications Manager is a unified communications call control platform that can deliver the right experience to the right endpoint. Find out more about CUCM at Cisco.com
The GCT is equally proud to announce the DoD UCAPL approval of the following Cisco Unity Connection (Unity) configurations:
- Cisco Unity Connection Rel. 22.214.171.12402-1 TN 1109701 as a Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Cisco Unity Connection Rel. 126.96.36.19902-1 with PIMG Analog interface TN 1109802 as a CPE
- Cisco Unity Connection Rel. 188.8.131.5202-1 with PIMG Digital interface TN 1109803 as a CPE
- Cisco Unity Connection Rel. 184.108.40.20602-1 with TIMG interface TN 1109804 as a CPE
Cisco Unity® Connection is a feature-rich voice and unified messaging platform based on the same Linux Unified Communications Operating System as Cisco Unified Communications Manager. With Cisco Unity Connection, you can access and manage voice messages in a variety of ways, using your email inbox, web browser, Cisco Unified IP Phone, smartphones, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, and more. Cisco Unity Connection also provides robust speech-recognition features for when you are mobile, so you can manage your voice messages hands- and eyes-free. Learn more about Cisco Unity Connection on Cisco.com.
Tags: 1108301, 8.5, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, controller, CUCM, defense, Department, dod, local, LSC, of, session, UCAPL, voip
The Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the following additions to the Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL):
- Cisco ONS 15310-Customer Location (CL) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023001, as a Fixed Network Element (F-NE).
- The Cisco ONS 15310-CL SONET Multiservice Platform is an economical, 1-rack unit (1RU)-high delivery platform optimized for use as the last network element—at the customer location (CL)—in a service provider’s network, or for use as an end node in enterprise or campus environments. The Cisco ONS 15310-CL takes advantage of the proven technology pioneered by the Cisco ONS 15454, the industry’s first and leading multiservice optical transport platform.
- Cisco ONS 15310-Metro Access (MA) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023002, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS15310-MA is a carrier-class MSPP that efficiently switches Ethernet and TDM traffic for use in metropolitan and regional optical networks. With the flexibility and scalability that allow it to support DS1, DS3/EC1, OC-3 to OC-48 SONET, and Ethernet interfaces, the ONS 15310-MA is already a part of many North American service providers multiservice SONET and next-generation “triple play” and IPTV deployment strategies.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023003, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 SONET Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) provides the functions of multiple network elements in a single platform. It supports common interfaces such as DS-1, DS-3, and EC-1 and data solutions including 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet solutions with OC-3 through OC-192 optical transport bit rates and integrated DWDM wavelengths.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 10230047, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) is the most deployed metropolitan-area (metro) and regional dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) solution in the world featuring two- through eight-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) technology that enables wavelength provisioning across entire networks and eliminates the need for optical-to-electrical-to-optical (OEO) transponder conversions. The ONS 15454 MSTP interconnects with Layer-2, Layer-3 and storage area network (SAN) devices at rates up to 40 Gbps. It delivers any service type to any network location and supports all DWDM topologies.
The approval document is posted on the UC APL site at the following URL: https://aplits.disa.mil/processAPList.do
Tags: apl, approved, capabilities, certification, defense, dod, list, network, ons, Optical, products, system, UC, unified
The Global Certification Team is pleased to announce thati the 5940 Embedded Services Router (ESR) has been awarded Common Criteria certification. The 5940 ESR is certified at EAL2+ against the Traffic Filter Firewall in Basic Robustness Environments v1.1. The Cisco 5940 ESR validated for IOS Version: 15.1(2)GC1.
More information on the validation effort can be found at: http://www.niap-ccevs.org/cc-scheme/st/vid10429/
Read More »
Tags: 5940, CC, certification, Common, Common Criteria, defense, Department, dod, Embedded, ESR, router, services
The Global Certification Team is proud to announce the FIPS Certification of the Cisco Common Crypto Module (C3M). The Official listing can be found on the NIST website at http://goo.gl/3vPaa.
The Cisco Common Cryptographic Module (C3M) is a software library that provides cryptographic services to a vast array of Cisco’s networking and collaboration products. The module provides FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms for services such as sRTP, SSH, TLS, 802.1x etc. The module does not implement any of the protocols directly. Instead, it provides the cryptographic primitives and functions to allow a developer to implement various protocols.
Tags: 140, 140-2, certification, Common, compliance, crypto, defense, Department, dod, fips, government, Module, of