First we rolled out the MSE tech blog series to give our customers an in depth look at the various features of the location-based technology behind Cisco’s Mobility Services Engine (MSE) and Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) solution. Now, we’re kicking off a CMX Techtorial video series to provide a visual and helpful walkthrough of how to maneuver and get started with CMX and location-based services.
First up, we have the charismatic Darryl Sladden, Technical Marketing Manager for CMX, taking us through CMX 7.6 Analytics. In this quick video, Darryl will cover:
- What is CMX 7.6 Analytics?
- What is the analytics dashboard?
- How do I visualize dwell time, heat maps, device density?
- What kinds of reports can you get with CMX 7.6 Analytics?
Read More »
Tags: analytic, analytics, Cisco, cmx, connected mobile experiences, dashboard, data, device, experience, getting started, location, location based services, location-based, mobile, mobility, platform, service, services, support, tech, technology, video, visualize, wi-fi, widget, wifi, wireless, youtube
[Webinar] Mobilize Your Employees with Cisco Solutions for a Mobile Workspace
We discussed the considerations behind the Cisco-Citrix Mobile Workspace solution to set the stage for the CVD (design guide available now!) earlier this month, and now we’ve planned a great technical deep-dive for customers and partners interested in finding out more about the Mobile Workspace Solution. It’s going to be at 10am PST Wednesday June 4, 2014 (Click to Register).
Organizations are moving from just dealing with bring your own device (BYOD) and the influx of mobile devices to proactively developing solutions that use the full power of mobility. Because of the complexities and fluid technology horizon, this is often simpler said than done. Now you can simplify and accelerate your mobility projects by deploying a comprehensive mobility solution that has been tested and validated end to end. Read More »
Tags: access, Cisco, Cisco Validated Design, citrix, contractor, cost, CVD, deployment, device, employee, experience, Guest, mobile, mobility, organization, partner, performance, policy, rollout, secure, security, technologies, technology, time-to-market, user experience, webinar, wireless, workspace
Technische Universität Darmstadt, usually known as TU Darmstadt is a research university based in Germany. It was founded in 1877 and over the last 137 years has grown to be among the largest and most prestigious public universities in Germany serving over 25,000 students per year. It is the alma-mater to many world-wide leaders from Nobel prize winners, a CEO of a fortune 500 company, a president of a country and multiple World Robocup champions.
No wonder, they have a reference from Albert Einstein!
In 2009 TU Darmstadt embraced BYOD with the 5508 Series Controller managing the 1140 802.11n Access Points. Recently we talked to Thomas Vogel, the Head of Network Group and Andreas Liebe, the Network Services Manager who have over 15 years of experience managing WLAN environments. In this blog, we will describe some of the details of WLAN deployments using the 3850 Series Switch and the 5760 Series Wireless LAN Controller to address the new requirements in the school environment. Read More »
Tags: 3850, 5760, 802.11, 802.11ac, 802.11n, access, access point, account, AP, App, application, authorized, AVC, bring your own device, buildings, byod, Cisco, client, controller, Converged Access, darmstadt, deployment, devices, employee, encrypted traffic, environment, frankfurt, Germany, infrastructure, IPv6, LAN, management, network, policy, prime, Prime Infrastructure, requirements, research, school, security, services, standard, switch, technische, technology, trend, TU, TUD, unified access, Universität, university, user, visualize, wi-fi, wifi, wired, wireless, wlan
Mobility trend in Hospitality
A recent TripAdvisor survey found that over 40% of travelers use their smart phones to plan a trip and over 46% use their smart phones to enhance their trip while traveling.
No longer is it just an idea or an aspiration for the hospitality industry to use innovative methods to engage with their guests, for example Marriott Hotels, just this year, announced the addition of mobile checkout to its industry-leading Marriott Mobile app for smartphones. Clearly mobile check-out is just the latest innovation from the brand as a new service designed for today’s connected travelers. Read More »
Tags: ad, advertising, App, application, business, business insider, Cisco, clothing, cmx, connected mobile experiences, consumer, content, context, coupon, customer, customize, data, device, evolution, grocery store, habit, hospitality, hotel, IDC, Industry, landscape, location, location services, location-based, macro, market, mobile, navigation, offer, personalize, phone, Real Time, realtime, retail, rtls, services, show-room, show-rooming, showroom, showrooming, smartphone, store, technology, travel, venue, wayfind, wi-fi, wifi
It’s that time of year again! We’ll be celebrating 25 years of Cisco Live! in the our namesake city San Francisco this week in SOMA. Here’re the top 5 things for #Wireless folks to be on the lookout for:
1. World of Solutions: The WoS opens with a welcome reception at 5pm on Monday. We’re showing off our 802.11ac portfolio and latest location-based solutions in the World of Solutions. Look for us in the Enterprise Networks booth!
2. DevNet Zone: First of its kind Cisco-led developer conference in Moscone West during CiscoLive! SF. Swing by to find out about the latest Cisco API’s and SDK’s through hands-on learning labs and special developer-focused speaking sessions.
Highlight: 24 hour hackathon featuring the Mobility Services API.
Read this blog for more on why hackers, developers and designers should check out the DevNet Zone.
3. Mobility Focused Sessions. If you haven’t signed up already, make sure you check these out and add them to your list:
4. Keynotes: if you’ll be in San Francisco, you won’t want to miss the annual keynotes of Cisco Live!, including:
- John Chambers Keynote: Monday 3:30pm
- Rob Lloyd Keynote: Tuesday 10am
- Industry Keynote – IoT: Wednesday 10am
- Technology Trends Keynote -- Enterprise Solutions: Wednesday 4pm
5. Customer Appreciation Event: In celebration of Cisco’s customers and 25 years of Networkers and Cisco Live conferences we will be bringing the iconic Lenny Kravitz and Imagine Dragons to the stage. We would be nothing without our customers, so we’re super excited to share this experience with you--the event is Wednesday May 21 at 7:30pm.
See you there! We’ll be keeping updates on Twitter at @Cisco_Mobility.
Tags: #CLUS, #CLUS14, Cisco, developer, moscone, san francisco, sf, technology