Digital Marketing Executives, trade press and specialist companies gathered in New York this week for the latest ClickZ Live NYCevent.
Location, location, location…!!!
A very clear trend visible here is how location had become a key part of the digital marketing language.
It was part of the Keynote addresses.
- Facebook’s former Director of Marketing is advocating it.
- Google are presenting on it and delivering workshops on it.
- Various booths talk about its importance.
- Numerous speakers mention it in their presentation.
- And Cisco are evangelizing how indoor location using WiFi and CMX can really enhance location capabilities and hugely driven additional revenue streams and enable new business models.
The Market Opportunity is HUGE…
- By 2017 – eCommerce forecast to be $370Bn in Revenue
- Digital Advertising and Research will Influence 60%+ of retail transactions
- Online Marketing expected to influence $1.7 Trillion
- Today Connected Mobile Devices already exceed the worlds population!!!
- and during 2015 Mobile traffic will exceed desktop traffic!!
Some other data points including recent research from Nielsen on mobile media time shows the consumer preference for mobile apps – with 89% of mobile media time in Apps – often from the use of the most popular social network, email and news apps.
Growing substantially in terms of online time over the past year.
Mobile is transforming our lives, how we work, shop, interact with each other, and play. As this exciting mobile world unfolds there are many new opportunities and business models that are starting to emerge.
For some insights into the emerging models and how Location and WiFi can greatly enhance value check back over the coming weeks.
Cisco’s CMX solution continues to expand and evolve to enable real business value in this emerging marketplace, and there is much more to come.
For more information on CMX visit: www.cisco.com/go/cmx.