Cisco is proud to be a partner in Giving Tuesday, a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season.
We are celebrating Giving Tuesday by:
1. Promoting Cisco’s signature employee giving initiative, the Global Hunger Relief Campaign. Our goal: contribute $1.25 million in employee donations to hunger relief agencies globally and 12,500 volunteer hours by December 31, 2012. Cisco employee donations to the Campaign are matched twice – once by the Cisco Foundation and once by Cisco Chairman Emeritus John Morgridge – multiplying their impact.
2. Volunteering at several Cisco locations. In Lawrenceville, Georgia, Cisco employees will pack meal boxes for the underserved in Gwinnett County in partnership with Gwinnett Technical College. In Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Cisco employees will sort food at the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. In Richardson, Texas, Cisco employees will volunteer in the food pantry at The Network, providing much-needed groceries for the nonprofit organization’s clients. And, Cisco headquarters in San Jose, California will partner with Stop Hunger Now to pack meals for distribution to hungry children around the world.
Employees from Cisco’s Research Triangle Park office volunteer at a Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina on Giving Tuesday 2012.
3. Donating meals to the World Food Programme (WFP) through its How Do You Give Facebook campaign. For every comment someone makes on Facebook, Cisco will contribute $1 – enough for WFP to provide 4 meals to people facing hunger.
Here’s how YOU can be part of Giving Tuesday:
- Follow #GivingTuesday on Twitter
Tags: campaign, Cisco, CSR, employee, giving tuesday, hunger relief
Before we could write, film videos, watch TV, or tweet, stories served as the way to share information and convey data.
But even in the digital age with information coming at us from every angle every second, it’s the power of stories that compel us to buy, that make our customers trust us, and it’s how the best marketers convey information.
Cisco’s new Built for the Network campaign is helping us to reach out to customers through videos and success stories that we’re currently rolling out via television, print, digital, mobile and social media. These stories showcase the power of Cisco and its partners and we want to ensure that you have the tools to spread the word, through this and your own campaigns. I would also like you to participate and will show you how.
First, watch the most recently launched commercial.
Keep reading for details on how to participate in the campaign and reach more customers. (It could be your business featured in an upcoming commercial or video.)
Read More »
Tags: amanda jobbins, built for the network, campaign, CIO, data deluge, marketing, partners
Last week, we held a TweetChat with Cisco’s new Global Partner Marketing VP Amanda Jobbins.
During the hour-long Twitter session, we covered a lot of ground–Amanda’s Partner Marketing priorities, new campaigns for partners, what she heard on her listening tour with partners, and ways that Cisco is helping partners use social media.
We also learned some interesting factoids about Amanda and how she’s adjusting to life in the United States after living in the U.K.
If you missed the chat, we’ve got a recap of what was discussed, including Amanda’s answers to some great audience questions. This is the first of many discussions Amanda plans to have with partners and wants to continue the dialog to ensure that marketing programs reflect what partners need. You can send along questions and comments to her directly @amandajobbins.
We started the chat off with a few interview questions for Amanda to warm up, then answered audience questions:
Q1: What are your key priorities for Cisco Partner Marketing?
@amandajobbins: I have 5 goals: brand/value, online/social communities, marketing enablement, demand marketing, & ecosystem.
Two additional driving principles: communications & partner insight.
Q2: Cloud is the word on everyone’s lips…how are you helping partners market cloud? Read More »
Tags: amanda jobbins, campaign, cloud, marketing, partner velocity, services, social media, twitter, velocity, VP
Every year, the Business Marketing Association honors “people who, knowing the difference, refuse to take the easy way out” and successfully balance style with results. This year, we’re excited to be the recipient of 2 “Awards of Excellence” in the Business to Business category:
- Award of Excellence – New Product Launch: Cisco Videoscape
The Cisco Videoscape solution is “a service provider solution that lets consumers bring together content from pay TV, online, and on-demand sources. They can then combine content with social media, communications, and mobility to create a truly immersive TV experience.” The campaign started months before the official launch at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2011. Awareness building using social media included the “What If Your TV Could…? contest, which invited people to Read More »
Tags: awards, campaign, concert, customer event, launch, The doobie brothers