Cisco is proud to be a partner in Giving Tuesday, a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season.
We are celebrating Giving Tuesday by:
1. Promoting Cisco’s signature employee giving initiative, the Global Hunger Relief Campaign. Our goal: contribute $1.25 million in employee donations to hunger relief agencies globally and 12,500 volunteer hours by December 31, 2012. Cisco employee donations to the Campaign are matched twice – once by the Cisco Foundation and once by Cisco Chairman Emeritus John Morgridge – multiplying their impact.
2. Volunteering at several Cisco locations. In Lawrenceville, Georgia, Cisco employees will pack meal boxes for the underserved in Gwinnett County in partnership with Gwinnett Technical College. In Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Cisco employees will sort food at the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. In Richardson, Texas, Cisco employees will volunteer in the food pantry at The Network, providing much-needed groceries for the nonprofit organization’s clients. And, Cisco headquarters in San Jose, California will partner with Stop Hunger Now to pack meals for distribution to hungry children around the world.
Employees from Cisco’s Research Triangle Park office volunteer at a Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina on Giving Tuesday 2012.
3. Donating meals to the World Food Programme (WFP) through its How Do You Give Facebook campaign. For every comment someone makes on Facebook, Cisco will contribute $1 – enough for WFP to provide 4 meals to people facing hunger.
Here’s how YOU can be part of Giving Tuesday:
- Leave a comment on the Cisco Facebook How Do You Give Campaign
- Follow #GivingTuesday on Twitter
- Visit Giving Tuesday for more ideas
CONNECT WITH CISCO