It’s hard to believe another calendar year is coming to an end less than 2 months. I’m amazed at the pace of which digital and social media continue to evolve and get excited when I think of what 2014 might bring in the way of further surprises.
As we continue to plan for the coming year and look for ways to continue growing the Cisco Social Media Training and Enablement program, I’ve been researching various 2014 digital and social media trends. From the “Top 7 Social Media Marketing Trends That will Dominate 2014” (from @Forbes) to the “6 Social Media Trends That will Impact You in 2014” (from @B2Community), there is a lot of speculation to weed through.
To make sense of all of the digital and social media predictions out there, I thought it would be helpful to meet with an industry expert who focuses on all sorts of related statistics, trends, and data. As part of our monthly “Let’s Chat! #Ciscosmt Series, I’m excited to announce the next interactive activity.
Join the Cisco Social Media Training Team and our special guest, Molly McHugh (@iammollymchugh), @DigitalTrends Web and Social Section Editor, for a #Ciscosmt Twitter chat on Thursday, November 21th from 9-10am PT. During this lively chat we will:
- Review digital and social media advancements and business impact during 2013
- Discuss key 2014 digital and social media trends as it relates to mobile, big data, content marketing, compliance, and internal and external platforms
- Innovations to keep an eye on and other valuable insights
Invite your colleagues to join us and bring your insights and questions. And why wait until the #Ciscosmt Twitter chat? Share what’s on your mind regarding digital and social media for 2014 now! I’m interested to hear your thoughts and can add it to our Twitter chat agenda.
Cisco Social Media Training Program Opportunity:
If you have any questions or are interested in other types of social media training, check out our complimentary Cisco Social Media Training Program and follow the #ciscosmt hashtag. To request customized one-on-one team training sessions, email email@example.com.
For those that might be new participating in a Twitter chat, here are some quick details:
What is a Twitter Chat?
Twitter chats are scheduled gatherings of Twitter users to discuss a given topic, using a hashtag to keep track of conversation.
How do I participate?
- There are many ways to participate in a Twitter chat. You can use a dedicated chat platform, (i.e. Twubs, TweetChat, Tchat.io, etc.), your favorite Twitter client (TweetDeck, Hootsuite, etc.) or you can even just user Twitter search to follow the chat hashtag.
- We want it to be an interactive chat, learning from each other. Join in the conversation with your insights and experiences using #Ciscosmt. And also interact with others, re-tweeting, exchanging ideas, and commenting on other points of view.
- Questions will be labeled Q1, Q2, Q3. If you are responding to a question, please start your tweet with the corresponding answer number “A1”.
We look forward to your insights here and during the #Ciscosmt Twitter chat!