Are you attending or thinking about joining the largest gathering of women technologists at the Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston later this month? Cisco is proud to be 1 of 10, diamond sponsors of this 3-day conference, where they will be expecting 15,000 attendees. The buzz is ever growing and once again we are planning to descend into Houston and make a bigger splash at GHC. Last year, our Cisco booth was not only featured in the Houston Chronicle with the caption that read, “A call to be confident”, but attendees could not get enough of the infectious energy and excitement at our booth. On the behalf of our executive sponsors, SVP/GM CSPG, Liz Centoni & VP of Eng HR, Christine Bastian, we are once again challenging attendees to truly Embrace their Power and #BeLegendary. In our upcoming #CiscoChat, we’ll be sharing tips and details of the conference so you can plan to get the most out of your GHC experience. Not attending the conference? Join us anyway! We’ll be offering up our insights into
and advice on technology careers for women. You won’t want to miss out on this special hour-long #CiscoChat on Tuesday, October 11 at 10am PT.
To get the full experience, you’ll want to follow along on Twitter first, where Cisco Social Media Manager, Casie Shimansky (@cisco_wise) and Carmen Collins (@WeAreCisco), Lead of the Cisco Talent Brand will be joined by Cisco VP of Engineering Human Resources Christine Bastian (@christiebx). Meanwhile, Business Operations Manager Rehana Rehman will take over the @WeAreCisco Snapchat account, sharing details, asking questions, and answering yours.
To participate in the chat:
Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Search for the #CiscoChat hashtag and click on the Live tab.
- The chat will be moderated by Casie Shimansky on the Cisco WISE channel (@cisco_wise) on Twitter. Be sure to follow the account to participate. She will begin welcoming guests at 10am PT (1pm ET) and posting questions for discussion.
- For @ replies to specific participants in the discussion, please use a “.” at the beginning of the tweet, so that your question or comment will appear in your public twitter feed.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, please preface each tweet with “1A, 2A,” etc. in order to make it easier for others to follow along with the conversation.
- Be sure to use the #CiscoChat hashtag at the end of each tweet, so that others can find your contributions to the discussion.
The chat is just around the corner. What are you most excited to about and share with us how you’re embracing your power and showing your #BeLegendary self. We’re excited to talk with you there! Join us on twitterverse or on snapchat to catch all the action on 10/11, 10am PT!