Next Wave of Intent-Based Networking Innovations at Cisco PCW 2018
“Evolution requires us to continually refresh our competitive advantage. Sometimes in major cataclysms. Sometimes in dribs and drabs. Innovate forever, in other words, is neither a slogan nor an aspiration. It is a requirement.”
– Geoffrey A. Moore, author of Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution.
The evolution of Cisco Intent-Based Networking (IBN) is no different. From our initial IBN announcement back in June 2017, to the Assurance announcement at Cisco Live Barcelona January 2018, the WAN announcements at Cisco Live Melbourne March 2018; the innovations continue to evolve across network domains at a blistering pace. At this year’s Partner Connection Week in the Bahamas, we’re announcing [a] Intent-Based Networking enhancements for IoT, [b] new Access innovations, and [c] new WAN subscription offers.
Digitalization is transforming industries at an unprecedented rate. According to Gartner, for every $1 spent on the digital innovation/ideation phase, enterprises will spend, on average, $7 on deploying the solution. (Source: Gartner) Thus for Partners, many who have both consulting and professional service deployment practices, this means a positive service opportunity throughout the entire market transformation.With this week’s announcement, the service opportunity is further extended to the IOT domain and the OT buyers.
The Customer’s IoT Challenges
IoT devices are more pervasive than ever…(e.g. my notes for this blog were written with an Apple pencil). While beneficial, these devices introduce unique challenges to IT networks. Lack of visibility due to disparate non-standardized protocols, inconsistent policies, and security vulnerabilities all add management complexity to IT’s already overwhelming workload.
- IBN enhancements for IoT solve the above challenges with the following capabilities:X
- Greater visibility across diverse IoT devices with ISE 2.4 – enhancements for IoT and integration with Industrial Network Director. (Available now)
- Consistent policy across multiple sites with SD-Access Extension for IoT & Distributed Campus. (Generally Available Q4FY18)
- Unlock IoT data to streamline business operations with Cisco Operational Insights. (Available now)
- IBN Access innovations address the need for growth in enterprise access port capability and performance.
- New Catalyst 9500 25G and 100G (Available now) deliver rich services and the scale needed for the future. These new switches provide customers investment protection on current cabling and are designed for the next network transition with a cost-effective software migration path.
- New Aironet 4800 Access Points. (Available Q3FY18) The world’s smartest access point is an all-in-one: 24×7 dedicated radio for security and analytics, real-time telemetry with deep visibility, and industry leading built-in hyperlocation. This access point is ideal for customers moving to DNA Center with Assurance.
- Cisco SD-WAN offers, bring subscription options that provide customers more consumption model choices.
- New software subscription licensing for all Cisco enterprise routers: ISR, ASR, ENCS and vEdge. Now available as 3- or 5-year subscriptions in 3 tiers: Cisco ONE Advantage, DNA Advantage, or DNA Essentials. Existing Viptela offers (Pro, Plus, Enterprise) are also integrated into Cisco GPL on April 30, 2018.
Learn more at #CiscoPCW
At the event, check out the following Enterprise Network sessions where we’ll discuss how to drive your economics, how to build a digital network practice and digital network services catalogs, and even share the innovations via live demos during our Junkanoo Caribbean celebration.
- Enterprise Networks General Session. The Next Wave of Innovation in Intent-Based Networking. April 17, 2018 at 10:30 a.m. local time. This will be available for viewing post-event on SalesConnect.
- Enterprise Networks Breakout Session. RISE: Cisco Networking – the Future of Reach and Relevance. April 19, 2018 at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. local time.
- Cisco DNA Center demos in the demo pavilion.
As Geoffrey Moore eloquently said in his book, Evolution requires us to continually refresh our competitive advantage. We are in the midst of a market transformation that is creating unprecedented new opportunities via Cisco’s Enterprise Networking innovations. Partners that evolve nowwill see their businesses become the winners of this evolutionary cycle.
One of our top resellers had this to say during Partner Connection in Nassau…
With Cisco’s Intent Based networking innovations, we are driving more of a consultative customer discussion. In addition, as more of the Enterprise Networking portfolio transitions to Subscription, including the announcement of SDWAN at Partner Connection Week, our customer success teams have increased their customer adoption activities and driven more stickiness within our accounts.
-Richard Zimmermann, Vice President, Infrastructure, Sirius Computer Solutions
Gartner Reveals Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2017 and Beyond. Darryl PlummerTags: