HIMSS18 – Goodbye Vegas, hello more advanced healthcare
HIMSS18 is now in our rear-view mirrors. As usual, it was a whirlwind of a week — one full of interesting and engaging exhibits and sessions that revealed the top trends and conversations in Health IT. Attendance this year set new records! As of Friday, HIMSS reported the official count at 43,979 providers, consultants, payers, government employees and vendors at the conference in Las Vegas. So what topics were on attendee’s minds this year? To name just a few, cybersecurity, patient engagement/consumerism, mobility, EHR ease-of-use, AI, and blockchain were some of the key issues that featured prominently.
Here are some highlights of our experience at HIMSS18:
- On Monday, March 5, Cisco announced its collaboration with HIMSS Analytics to create the HIMSS Analytics Infrastructure Adoption Model (INFRAM), the first ever infrastructure maturity model offered through HIMSS Analytics. With its robust infrastructure and security assessment criteria, the HIMSS Analytics INFRAM is a natural addition to HIMSS Analytics’ stable of maturity models. Catch a mini demo by watching this video.
- On Tuesday, March 6, we hosted a Facebook Live session from the HIMSS floor. The conversation centered on digitizing healthcare without introducing risk and attracted an overwhelming 134K views (to date).
- Also on Tuesday, March 6, Cisco’s Brad Antoniewicz presented at the HIMSS Cybersecurity Command Center, discussing how to inoculate your healthcare organization against ransomware attacks.
- On Thursday, March 8, HIMSS Analytics hosted Cisco in their booth on the show floor to present details about the company’s collaboration with HIMSS Analytics, bringing its infrastructure maturity model to HIMSS Analytics’ stable of maturity models for healthcare providers.
- We were pleased to have been awarded by @blackbookpolls highest client satisfaction for Enterprise Health IT.
In case you missed it, here’s what we showcased in the Cisco booth — a collection of solutions that can be deployed now to connect patients, clinicians, processes, data and things in a meaningful way, all driven by the power of a modern network:
- Business Critical Services –Expert technological advice for healthcare organizations
- Meraki – Healthcare IT in the cloud
- Location Analytics and Wayfinding – For tracking assets and helping patients find their way
- iOS Mobile Solutions — Apple devices + a Cisco network = Optimal mobile experiences
- Extended Care – EHR-integrated video to extend clinicians’ reach beyond the hospital
- Cloud-based Collaboration with Cisco Spark Board and Spark 2.0 — The future of care team collaboration
- Digital Network Architecture for Healthcare — Revolutionizes how you design, build, and manage your healthcare networks
- IoT Threat Defense and Ransomware Protection — Industry-leading tech to help automate your cyber defenses
We also featured our digital customer journey map that illustrates the components of a successful digital infrastructure across the continuum of care.
Questions or comments? Reach out to us via Twitter by using hashtag #HIMSS18. See you next year at HIMSS19 in Orlando!