Co-written by Joe O’Connor, Senior Executive Director, Cisco Smart+Connected Communities
Seattle, famous for technology and innovation, couldn’t be a more perfect place to attend and participate in the 2012 Every Building Conference & Expo hosted by Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International and BUILDINGS. This summer meeting is one of commercial real estate’s premier events and a place to develop new ideas and showcase Cisco’s commitment to the smart+connected real estate industry.
Cisco’s participation at the conference will be multi-faceted. As a Cornerstone Partner with BOMA, we will present to other industry professionals on Cisco solutions and hear from other partners about how they have put their ideas to work to advance commercial real estate offerings. We will also be participating in three panel sessions focused on the role of technology innovation in shaping the real estate industry. Read More »
Tags: 2012 Every Building Conference & Expo, BOMA, Cisco, Commercial Real Estate, emerging technology, energy savings, high-performance space, IBSG, innovation, network as the 4th utility, next-generation buildings, real estate industry, smart+connected cities, smart+connected real estate, Sustainability, urban community
It has been an incredible week at the IACA 2012 conference this week.
So many great conversations with leaders from around the world.
My appreciation to Jeffrey, Markus, Alice, Richard and everyone from IACA who organized and planned this impressive conference. I would also like to extend my gratitude to Eline, Paul, and Maarten from 3rd Millennium Productions and Camp Creative for producing these videos.
Jeffrey Apperson, President IACA was a great host and leader with the team of volunteers that planned and organized this conference with great success.
This week Richard Foster, President Elect IACA was sworn in as the new IACA President and shares his thoughts for the future.
I’m looking forward to seeing the IACA community in October 2014 in Syndey, Australia.
Please feel free to learn more about Cisco Connected Justice and please join our 21st Century Government community.
You can also learn more about Cisco Connected Justice and please join our 21st Century Government community.
Tags: Connected Justice, Courts, IACA, International Association of Court Administration, Justice, social media, TelePresence, video
Another very interesting day at IACA 2012 at the Peace Palace at the Hague, Netherlands with workshops on social media, innovative communications technologies in the courts.
Mr. Norman Meyer, Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New
Mexico moderated a workshop panel focused on innovative uses in court systems of social media with
- Honorable Rune Lium, Judge, Sør-Trøndelag District Court, Norway
- Honorable Ian L. Gray, Chief Magistrate, State of Victoria, Australia
- Dr. Pamela Schulz, Lecturer, Graduate Communications Programs, University of South Australia, and Chair, Defence Reserves Support Council, South Australia
The Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands shared her thoughts from the workshop deploying innovating automation and communications technologies to address court administration and management.
- Moderator: Mr. Tony Lansdell, Court Technology Specialist, Melbourne, Australia
- Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Honorable Muhammet Polat, Judge, Ministry of Justice Department of İnformation Technologies, Ankara, Turkey
- Mr. Abdulrahim Ahmad Almudhareb, Director of IT Department, Dubai Courts, Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Mark Beer, IACA Regional Vice-President, Middle East, Dubai, UAE
Gerhard Fischer, Cisco Connected Justice (EMEAR) shared his thoughts about the conference and the IACA community.
Read More »
Tags: Chief Justice, Citizens, Connected Justice, Courts, International Courts, Justice, security, TelePresence, video
Today is another beautiful day at the International Association of Court Administration (IACA) conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
The keynotes and panel workshops have been very impressive with many challenging topics.
Mr. John Stacey, President, European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice moderated the panel discussion that focused on challenges building and maintaining a framework for court services in a global economic malaise focused on best practices for improving the efficiency of courts with digital systems optimized for quality, speed, and process improvement.
- Mr. Ruslan Kyryliuk, Chairman, State Judicial Administration, Kyiv, Ukraine shared lessons for continuous improvements with standards and citizen report cards
- Ms. Mary Campbell McQueen, President, National Center for State Courts, Williamsburg, Virginia, U.S.A. shared a framework model (access, plan, implement, and evaluate) in the new normal focused on not more with less but doing more by doing things differently through re-engineering of court processes. Six strategies include: consolidate services, automate, systematically apply case management, maximize online transactions, reorganize back office, and redistrict and redefine jurisdiction and venue.
- Dr. Frans van Dijk, Director Strategy and Development, Netherlands Council for the Judiciary, Netherlands described the relationship between our economy and increases in court caseloads with three recommendations for reducing costs to simplify procedures, redraw judicial maps, and improve funding incentives. These are detailed in the European Networks of Council for the Judiciary (ENCJ) report. It is critical for the judiciary take the lead and be directly involved in the design.
- Honorable Madhat H. al-Mahmood, Chief Justice and Chairman, Higher Judicial Council, Republic of Iraq
- Honorable Professor Abdul Salam Azimi, Chief Justice, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Honorable Adel Maged, Vice-President, Court of Cassation, Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt
- Member of High Judicial Council, Palestine
Stay tuned for more updates and you can also learn more about Cisco Connected Justice and please join our 21st Century Government community.
Tags: Connected Justice, Courts, IACA, International Association of Court Administration, Justice, New Normal
This week I have the privilege to attend the fifth annual International Association for Court Administration (IACA) conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
The IACA conference theme is The Challenge of Developing and Maintaining Strong and Just Courts in an Era of Uncertainty.
Three hundred and forty judicial leaders from 42 countries around the world are attending including Chief Justices from Afghanistan, Australia, Republic of Georgia, Iraq, Indonesia, and Nigeria, judges, court system officials and practitioners, justice ministry leaders, justice-sector academics, and representatives of international development and rule of law organizations.
During this conference, I am capturing highlights from the workshops with video interviews with selected keynote presenters and panelists.
Read More »
Tags: Connected Justice, Courts, TelePresence, video