When a product does exactly what it promises and more, it can develop almost a cult following. Think iPhone, 3 Series, red soles. You almost don’t need the company brand to know what I’m talking about.
OK, so maybe the Cisco SX10 doesn’t quite stir the same emotions as a sleek BMW or a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. But I can tell you that people are buying into the promise we made when we launched this entry-level video conferencing solution: “High quality, simplicity, and affordability come together to create a practical and powerful business class solution for video ubiquity – all at about the price of a PC.”
Over the past 18 months since we launched the SX10, customers have validated our product positioning with their wallets and their feedback. But we know we’ve hit a home run when some of our toughest critics also agree. Take for example, the recent independent review from Wainhouse Research: “Evaluation of the Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set Group Conferencing System.” It is testament to the strength of our design and engineering teams that the review aligns with our product promise. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, SX10, video conferencing, Wainhouse
I’ve been talking for a while now about how effective video collaboration is and how video technology can enhance and improve the way businesses collaborate. Many of you may still think that videoconferencing is only for the larger companies with multiple locations and large budgets to cover a video technology investment, but I disagree.
Here are five reasons that that I think midsize businesses should consider using video collaboration.
- Video Collaboration products are easy to use: At Cisco we design our video technology products to be intuitive and easy to use. This means the user interface in the smallest video endpoints works the same as the controls in the largest, so anyone can make a video call anytime they need to.
- Video is becoming the norm: Many organizations are realizing the benefits and ROI of using video collaboration to extend their business boundaries. Meeting with partners and customers around the world – just like they are around the corner – have enabled organizations to do business in ways they never thought possible before.
- Utilizing video can increase productivity and profits: Read More »
Tags: #ciscomidsize, Cisco, collaboration, midmarket, smb, SX10, TelePresence, video, videoconferencing
Off the top of your head – how would you describe a successful company that is growing fast?
- Has intimate customer knowledge
- Provides great customer service
- Is agile and responds quickly to changing requirements
- Considered a great place to work
These are just a few characteristics that jump into my mind.
My colleagues recently produced the video Be Everywhere with Video Collaboration (PLXX) to show how effective video collaboration can be. It highlights many of the characteristics I’ve listed above. Although fictional, the company depicted in the video reminds me of some of the small and medium sized marketing agencies I’ve worked with in the past. They show a real can-do attitude, but with enhanced and accelerated service using business quality video collaboration.
So, why haven’t more medium-sized organizations adopted video technology? A colleague recently told me that “93% of the conference rooms in the world don’t have Read More »
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, complex deployments, conferencing, midsize, SX10, video