Register for the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Webcast
On February 3, 2015, we will release the ninth annual Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast and Methodology Update, covering projected growth and usage trends over the next five years. This is your opportunity to learn about Cisco’s projections for global mobile data traffic increases, primary influences on mobile traffic, and major transitions in wireless technology. The Cisco VNI mobile forecast is part of the company’s comprehensive and ongoing initiative to analyze mobile IP growth and innovations worldwide. Join Doug Webster, vice president, Service Provider Marketing, and Dr. Robert Pepper, vice president of Global Technology Policy, as they present the major findings and discuss the implications of this year’s forecast. Cisco estimates there will be more than 5 billion global mobile users in 2019, up from more than 4 billion in 2014. During the webcast, we’ll cover topics which include:
- What is the updated global mobile data traffic growth projection, and how is each region contributing?
- What are the effects of various device/connection types (smartphones, tablets, laptops, and M2M)?
- How is 4G/LTE adoption changing the mobile landscape?
- How has Wi-Fi offload helped to ease traffic volumes on cellular networks?
- Could services such as VoWiFi become widely adopted over the next five year?
Experts will be available to answer questions online throughout the broadcast as well. Register now for our webcast on Tuesday, February 3, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time / noon Eastern Time to learn more and participate in a live Q&A. Tweet us @CiscoVNI if you have any questions or comments. Please also join and follow our conversations with hashtag #VNI.Tags: