By Leonard Luna, Senior Marketing Manager, Cisco Service Provider Solutions
Tuesday, October 28 at 8:00 am PT/11:00 am ET, Cisco joins Infonetics’ Andrew Schmitt (Principal Analyst, Optical) on a three vendor panel to discuss how equipment vendors and their customers are taking advantage of new multi-layer packet-optical systems leveraging advanced software to build more capable and efficient networks.
Use this Infonetics link to register.
Representing Cisco will be Walid Wakim, Principal Engineer – Architecture Team, High End Routing and Optical Business Unit.
Walid heads a Cisco architecture team that focuses on future system and network architectures. He actively collaborates with network operators all around the world to create next generation networking solutions. A regular speaker at industry conferences, Walid holds a number of patents and has authored many papers in the International Engineering Consortium, IEEE, OFC and other major journals.
Key topics for this Infonetics webinar include:
- How new converged hardware architectures eliminate past compromises
- The role of Optical Transport Network (OTN) switching in packet-optical equipment
- Multi-layer router bypass, mobile backhaul, and metro transport architectures
- How multi-layer hardware creates more service-oriented and agile networks
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
Join Cisco and Infonetics for what promises to be a highly informative and timely discussion.
Tweet us @CiscoSP360 if you plan on attending! Tell us your questions in advance.