#CiscoChampion Radio, S5|Ep.6: Certifications
#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by technologists for technologists. In this episode, Cisco Champion Daniel Larsson discusses certifications with Cisco Champion David Samuel Penaloza Seijas and Cisco guest Peter Palúch.
Get the Podcast
Cisco Champion Hosts
- David Samuel Penaloza Seijas (@davidsamuelps), Cisco Champion member, Network Support Engineer
- Daniel Larsson (@Daniel_CLN), Cisco Champion member, Sr. Network Consultant
- Peter Palúch, Support Engineer, author of the CCIE Router & Switching Guide
Podcast Discussion Topics
- The benefits of the Cisco Networking Academy
- The evolution of certifications
- Gaps between certifications
- What to expect from a certified professional
- How the blueprints are developed
- Recommended studying tools and methods
- Types of books and teaching styles
- Nuggets, video and audio tools
- Balancing your studying time – conservation of energy and effort
- How to prepare for an exam
- Books authored by Peter Palúch
- Bridging the gap between CCNP and CCIE
- Todd Lammle book: CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide
- Wendell Odom books on Cisco Press
Listen in and provide us feedback, we would love to hear from you!
Cisco Champions are an elite group of technical experts who are passionate about IT and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco. The program has been running for five years and has earned two industry awards as an industry best practice. Learn more about the program at http://cs.co/ciscochampion.