The Next Step in Intent-based Networking for the WAN
Cisco is announcing another major milestone on the path to intent-based networking for the WAN. About a year ago, when we announced the acquisition of Viptela, the leader in software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) technologies, we promised integration of Viptela SD-WAN. The Cisco SD-WAN solution (based on Viptela) is now available, with a simple software update, on select Cisco ISRs, ASRs, and the ENCS virtualization platform.
This presents a significant sales opportunity for you, our partners, as customers have been waiting to adopt this technology on their existing Cisco routing platforms. The market opportunity for SD-WAN is huge and continues to grow. IDC estimates that the market opportunity for SD-WAN will reach $8B by 2021. Together, we will need to move quickly to address customers’ needs, as IDC also predicts that approximately 70% of the market will have made an SD-WAN decision and started their deployments by the end of 2019.
How do you seize this opportunity?
First, look at your current installed base of ISR and ASR deployments with:
- A simple Cisco IOS XE SD-WAN software update, your customers can easily migrate to intent-based networking for the WAN, while protecting their existing routing investments.
- You can also offer your customers who have vEdge the opportunity to transition that workflow to an ISR.
Second, focus on gaining new customers with:
- Centralized manageability and visibility with Cisco vManage and vAnalytics.
- Cost savings and the flexibility to choose the right connectivity for the priority of individual applications.
Third, differentiate your practice by delivering the best of the best, and enable your customers to have a hybrid architecture that supports the widest range of WAN interfaces with:
- Predictable application quality of experience (QoE) with policy-based automation.
- Integrated security with authentication, encryption, segmentation, service chaining, and attachment to cloud security for direct Internet access.
- Endpoint flexibility of on-premises, cloud, or virtual.
- This is a great opportunity for you to also earn big discounts when you migrate your customers to our latest solutions. Plus earn extra rebates when you activate eligible intent-based networking software.
One of the largest Value Incentive Program (VIP) rebates is delivered through our new VIP Annuity structure. Also, now through December 2020 receive a trade-in credit on routing perpetual licenses (AX, AXV, and Cisco ONE) that were sold over the last 4 years. You can now deliver Cisco SD-WAN and get a list price credit to migrate to our DNA Advantage or Cisco ONE Advantage routing subscriptions. Stand out from the competition by becoming a Master Networking Specialized Partner. Click this link to learn how you can earn our highest specialization level.
Now is the time to take advantage of the enormous opportunities. Click here to learn more about SD-WAN. Partners, ready to get started? Download the Cisco SD-WAN Partner Sales Playbook for your step-by-step guide on how to position and sell the solution, along with resources to ensure you close the deal.