Cisco Marketing Velocity 2016: Connect. Engage. Amaze. What Happened, and More Importantly What’s Next?
Let’s set the scene… an incredible atmosphere bringing Cisco marketing Partners and executives together to share what’s next in marketing for the coming year. We challenged our marketing partners to rethink their approaches to – Connect. Amaze. Engage.
This event marked the ninth year Marketing Velocity, and it continues to bring marketing Partners and Cisco leaders together to share ideas, prepare for the coming year and take action for success. Michelle Chiantera (@michchiantera) the host and leader for Global Partner Marketing challenged Partners to think differently, and be fearless with their approaches. She also focused on Cisco’s commitment to Partners and we are on this journey to market together. These themes only intensified with the speakers, including tech evangelist, Guy Kawasaki and former astronaut, Commander Chris Hadfield.
— Marketing Velocity (@PartnerVelocity) March 1, 2016
Our leaders including Karen Walker (@KarMWalker) and Joseph Puthussery (@JosephPty) shared that our approach to marketing has to change – attention spans are shrinking, digitization is the future and we as marketers need to cut through the noise and connect with customers. Backing this, Cisco is simplifying this with new product design, simpler brand language, and improved marketing support through Marketing Velocity and Partner Marketing Central.
Those Partners in attendance immediately internalized on the power of Connect, Engage and Amaze and shared their insights…
But more importantly it’s clear to these marketers that to succeed in this new digital era we have to think differently. We need to focus on customers, enchant them with storytelling and ultimately challenge the status quo. Many have shown how they are changing their approaches, winning awards within three categories Digital and Social Marketer of the Year, Marketing Innovator of the Year, and Revenue Marketer of the Year (full list below).
Cisco SVP of Worldwide Partners, Wendy Bahr (@wyBahr), closed the day meshing how sales and marketing are going to come even closer together sharing her three pillars of strategy; simplicity, alignment, and value and how they can help both Cisco and Partners adapt and succeed in the digital transformation. Now comes how we go to market differently through programs and marketing. The time is now!
This is only the beginning! Now is the time for you to Connect, Engage and Amaze. And we want to help you do it! Visit SalesConnect on March 2 for replays of the event and reconnect with what was shared. Get ideas for new ways to market with the Marketing Velocity Hub, and expand your marketing knowledge and hear from marketing leaders offered by the Marketing Velocity program.
Full list of Marketing Velocity Award Winners:
Global and Strategic Partners
- Digital and Social Marketer of the Year– NetApp, forFlexpod Momentum Campaign – FlexPod. You got this.
- Marketing Innovator of the Year – Telstra, forBring I.T. On
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Dimension Data, forNext Generation Data Center
- Digital and Social Marketer of the Year– Tympani, Inc., forCapturing Business Through Inbound Marketing
- Marketing Innovator of the Year – Iron Bow Technologies, forTED (Telehealth Education Delivered) Mobile Demo Truck
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – World Wide Technology, forNetwork Programmability – IWAN (Digital Branch)
- Digital and Social Marketer of the Year – Acrodex Inc, forEstablishing Online Authority through Digital and Social Marketing
- Marketing Innovator of the Year – Softchoice, forTab 4 Collab
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Ingram Micro Mexico, forEvent Lead Accelerator
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Data#3 Limited, forCisco Pipeline Acceleration
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Netsoft Consulting Services, forCustomer focused integrated DG campaign for UCS Nexus Data Centre
- Innovator of the Year – Telstra Corporation Limited Marketing, forHACK<DIV>ATE
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Comstor Middle East, for Comstor’s MaaS (Marketing as a Service)
- Revenue Marketer of the Year – Cisilion Limited, forCollaboration Transformed- Legal, Finance & Insurance
- Marketing Innovator of the Year –SWS Computersysteme AG, for “Integrated IT Security Campaign – More than just IT”
- Digital and Social Marketer of the Year –Atea AS, for “Atea Anywhere – Brings people together “Reach the person not the device””