The World energy demand will be 41% higher in 2035 with India and China accounting for half the growth.
The development of renewable energy sources ranks as a key responsibility for the top economies in the world. India, as one of the top 5 emitters of greenhouse gasses, has prioritized the development of renewable energy resources.
Read More on how this Indian agency deployed a network that promotes energy conservation below.
The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) is a public limited government company whose goal is to promote, develop and extend financial assistance for renewable energy and energy efficiency /conservation projects.
Refresh the existing heterogeneous campus network infrastructure.
- A Scalable, unified solution capable of accommodating future growth
- Superior reliability for uninterrupted operations
- A network that is in line with the company’s motto promote energy conservation
- Security is a top priority to protect the sensitive financial information of the applicants
- Dynamic video and voice deployment support without disruption of network performance
- Low total cost of ownership
The agency deployed an end-to-end Cisco solution. Read the case study: “Agency Deploys Scalable, Power-Resilient Network” to learn more about how IREDA saw an immediate benefit in lower network energy consumption while realizing confidence in a network the ensures security of confidential information and is ready for the dynamic fluctuations of voice and video applications.
After installing Cisco’s solution, IREDA saw an increase in the data transfer speed and application performance.
The green features of the [Cisco] switches resonate perfectly with IREDA’s mission to promote energy conservation
What’s next for Cisco’s green initiatives? Stay tuned for next blog to learn about Cisco’s green solutions and initiatives including the Cisco Live Green Plan for Cisco Live! San Francisco from May 18-22, 2014.
Learn more about Cisco Midmarket Mobility Solutions
CONNECT WITH CISCO