2022 has been a year of acceleration for digitization of physical infrastructure. Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has helped our customers around the globe in transforming industries like manufacturing, ports, mining, transportation, utilities, and public sector. As we reflect on the last year, there’s a lot to be proud of. Let’s look at some key moments and see what we achieved together.
New product announcements
Cisco announced innovations to bring more enterprise grade capabilities to the industrial edge. With the new Catalyst 9000 switch, customers can deliver enterprise-grade security to their industrial spaces for deep visibility, segmentation, risk assessment, and zero trust. Catalyst 9000 offers next level visibility, security, and scale that creates the foundation for the industrial network for years to come. Read the details here:
- Cisco expands Catalyst 9000 switching portfolio into the industrial space
- Cisco’s Catalyst IE9300 powers next-gen substation automation
- New industrial IoT solutions extend wireless to more places and applications and help operations remotely manage flourishing industrial IoT
Psst: watch this space, we have exciting new product announcements coming in 2023!
We are honored to have received a number of industry awards for our portfolio meeting a wide variety of use cases, access technologies, and protocols of edge requirements. Learn more here.
Security is top of mind for our customers
In 2022, we have been busy working on tightly integrating our portfolio of industrial networking equipment with our cybersecurity products. We delivered a comprehensive solution to drive compliance with the ISA/IEC 62443-3-3 OT security standard. We released guides and educational content to help you easily implement our industrial security solutions:
- Leveraging ISA/IEC 62443 to secure industrial operations is easier than you think
- Securing industrial networks can – and should – be simple
Thanks to our customers for sharing their stories
Read about the success stories of our customers and how they use our technology to connect, secure, and optimize their business:
- General Motors speeds innovation in electric and autonomous vehicles with Cisco
- Ford Motor company: data powers “wow” experiences at Cisco Live 2022
- Cisco and transport for NSW: transforming the future of transportation
- Energybox uses Cisco IoT to power smart, sustainable business
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority wins award
- La Spezia Container Terminal
In 2022, we mixed work with fun
Cisco Ultra-Reliable Wireless Backhaul and Cisco industrial switching technology were at the center of the competition as Cisco enabled all critical in-vehicle and car-to-trackside connectivity with the Dallara AV-21 race cars. Only Cisco could meet the architectural, bandwidth, hand-off requirement, and session management needs to power and connect the race. Read more here: Indy Autonomous Challenge powered by Cisco
The entire Cisco IoT industrial networking team would like to thank you for your business and trust in 2022. We would like to offer you our warmest wishes for a happy holiday season and prosperous 2023. We are looking forward to meeting you at Cisco Live Europe in Amsterdam, if not done yet, please register for the event.
Watch the Cisco IoT 2022 Thank You video: