At Cisco, we are committed to powering an inclusive future for all.
One of the best ways Cisco can impact citizens globally is by partnering with innovative and prominent communities worldwide.
El Paso, TX, is one of those cities. When the pandemic hit, El Paso residents were at risk. The city picked Cisco to deploy virtual services to support those most in need. This has since evolved into leveraging the solution for additional crisis services. Vulnerable and at-risk El Paso, Texas residents now have quick and reliable access to aid, including resources for food, shelter, and mental health counseling, thanks to the city’s new online portal powered by Webex by Cisco and a Cisco networking infrastructure.
I recently had the opportunity to join Nicole Ferrini, Climate and Sustainability Officer, City of El Paso, TX, and host Danny Vicente for the “Coffee and Conversations” podcast discussing how Cisco is supporting the City of El Paso on both their Delta Welcome Center and El Paso Helps. Join us to watch or listen to this podcast describing how we work together to bring citizen services to those in need.
El Paso Helps is about a human connection. It’s about someone in crisis needing help now and not
needing 10,000 barriers to get it. El Paso Helps offers accessible services and not just a list – but a
human being that picks up on the other end and you see their face.
— Nicole Ferrini
Listen in to learn more:
- Hear the story of how the Delta Welcome Center has evolved to El Paso Helps
- Learn about what El Paso Helps is and how it’s helping their citizens
- Find out how the city has achieved human touch through technology
- Discover how Cisco supports the City of El Paso with its collaboration tools
Coffee and Conversations: Confronting Crisis, El Paso Helps
Additional resources from The City of El Paso and Cisco
- Visit El Paso Helps to learn more about their one-stop online portal for centralized social services delivery.
- City of El Paso Partners with Cisco to Launch El Paso Helps: New Online Portal Assists Residents in Crisis, Connects the Community to Immediate Live Help
- Read about how the City of El Paso confronts crisis with its Delta Welcome Center.