How Cisco Digitally Transformed Its Workforce?
Digital transformation starts with people and an organizational culture that’s aligned toward a unified vision of business transformation. Creating a more virtual, collaborative, flexible, and productive workforce is very important to become a digital business. If you are going to attract and retain the best people, you need to create a work environment that empowers them to feel engaged, productive, satisfied, and valued in an increasingly digital, global, and mobile workforce.
Workforce transformation is needed to:
- Drive productivity and engagement
- Attract and retain talent
- Optimize Real Estate portfolio
Cisco has 80,620 employees and 23 million sq. ft. of real estate in 94 countries. Cisco is making its workforce more digital and transforming the way its employees work by implementing the following:
- Connected Workplace: Activity based neighborhood environments that provide choices of different space types to support variation in worker needs, socialization and down time.
- Collaboration Technology Integration: Ubiquitous wireless, choice in video endpoint devices, Extension Mobility to provide free movement through space with the right device in the right space.
- IoT and Experience Applications: Applications like Visitor Management Systems, Digital Signage, Occupancy Sensing and PoE lighting help to enhance the employee experience and make them more productive.
- Workplace Resources Organization: Cisco has strong workforce organizations that look after the site strategy and operations. Strong brand alignment is there with HR. Strategic Planning and Portfolio Optimization is done to optimize real estate portfolio.
In the last 5 years, Cisco’s workforce has increased by 20% but the real estate portfolio has decreased by 30% due to optimization. It has closed 239 buildings generating $294 Million in sales and saved $196M in OPEX. During these years employee engagement has increased by 17%, work/life balance has improved by 15% and safety incidents have decreased by 11%. Cisco has achieved much on its workforce transformation and is continuing to build new capabilities every day. We’re ready to apply the lessons we have learned to help you transform your workforce. Learn more at www.cisco.com/go/digital.