In the hyper-competitive Internet of Everything (IoE) era, every company must be ready for rapid innovation, sudden market transitions and ever-changing security threats.
But IoE — the explosion in network connections among people, process, data, and things — is about far more than vexing challenges. It is also about tremendous opportunity: Cisco predicts a staggering $19 trillion in IoE-related Value at Stake over the next decade.
The IT organization has a critical role to play in helping companies capture these staggering opportunities by driving innovation and enabling business agility and growth.
But where does your organization stand in the overall scheme of IT evolution? To what extent is mounting IoE complexity hindering growth? And what kind of IT model is needed support your company’s efforts to innovate and compete at the hyperspeed of the IoE era?
I invite you to explore all of these topics and more with me on an upcoming TweetChat on Friday, September 19 at 10 a.m. PST. Join the conversation by using #InnovateThink and #FutureOfIT. We will discuss the current state of IT, its challenges and pain points, and how it can enable business innovation. We will also discuss the solution: Fast IT.
Fast IT is the way forward. It offers immediate steps toward building a more agile, secure, application-centric infrastructure. And transforming the IT organization into a force for rapid innovation and competitive edge. Fast IT is the IT operating model for the Internet of Everything era. Cisco recently released a major global study of Fast IT — how it can address some of the toughest challenges facing IT today, and show the way forward.
By implementing a Fast IT model, organizations can:
- Respond to supercharged IoE complexity with infrastructure that is application-centric, automated, and programmable.
- Capture the full benefit of a far-flung “fabric of clouds,” moving seamlessly across even the most extensive hybrid-cloud ecosystems
- Drive the necessary organizational changes that will raise IT to the status of trusted advisor to the business and a true partner in innovation
- Reap the benefits of a 20 to 25 percent reduction in costs, which can then be reinvested in new capabilities to drive innovation and business outcomes
- Meet an ever-expanding threat landscape with dynamic, policy-driven security solutions
CONNECT WITH CISCO