Cisco, SAP and the Big-Data Revolution
SAP just announced the release of SAP HANA Vora. SAP HANA Vora is an in-memory query engine that plugs into the Apache Spark execution framework to provide enriched interactive analytics on Hadoop.
Cisco, provider of UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data, is working with SAP to achieve the following:
- Process Big Data simply and cost-effectively for real-time business applications and analytics
- Provide enterprise-class drill-down insight into raw data
- Blend incoming data from customers, partners, and smart devices
- Combine business data with external data sources to make better decisions through greater context
SAP HANA Vora running on Cisco UCS consists of the following
- In-memory query engine running on Spark execution framework on the Cisco UCS platform
- Compiled queries for accelerated processing across Hadoop nodes on the Cisco UCS platform
- Enhanced Spark SQL semantic with hierarchies for analytical processing
- Enhanced adaptor for Spark and the SAP HANA database for faster query interactivity
- Unified administration across Hadoop distributions and SAP HANA
What does this mean for customers who plan to run SAP HANA Vora on the Cisco UCS platform?
- Enable more precise decisions through greater contextual awareness
- Democratize access for data scientists to facilitate new discoveries
- Simplify Big Data ownership through unified administration across multiple tiers
Structured and unstructured data, all part of the Internet of Things, is created each day at an accelerated rate and those companies that are able to take advantage of that data in a business environment, will outpace their competitors in the business world and provide those products in a manner that will be tailored to their customers’ demands.
In utilizing SAP HANA Vora on the Cisco UCS platform, not only will the customer demands be met, but it will be delivered via ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) in an automated, cost-effective, policy-driven way, which can lead to lowering the total cost of ownership of a data center, both from a hardware and software perspective, and decreasing the time an employee spends deploying and managing a critical data center.
Look for more information about SAP HANA Vora on the Cisco Web Site and plan to visit the Cisco booth at SAP TechEd in Las Vegas and Barcelona this Fall.
Very exciting opportunity!
Look forward to see more news about SAP, UCS, and ACI, at SAP TechEd, esp. to hear about the impact of policy driven infrastructure to streamline and enforce compliance and governance rules across the data center.
Comments are closed.