We live in an era of rapid technological change. Across the world, global problem solvers are using digital innovations to take on some of the world’s biggest challenges. As we continue to apply creative digital solutions to age-old global problems, one thing becomes clearer: when we work together, invite and nurture diversity, and encourage everyone to contribute, we speed the pace of social change exponentially.
To celebrate diversity in the quest for global change, the Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team will be hosting a #CiscoChat at 9 am PST (12 pm EST) on March 8th in recognition of International Women’s Day. We invite all #GlobalProblemSolvers who are using technology and digital skills to create more opportunities for women to participate in this conversation.
During the #CiscoChat, we will be joined by Vicki Escarra (@VickEscarra), Global CEO, Opportunity International; Sara Chipps (@SaraJChipps), CEO, Jewelbots; and Diana Nassar (@dianadhn), 2016 Techwomen Fellow and Product Manager, Souq.
To participate in the chat:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Search for the #CiscoChat hashtag and click on the Live tab.
- The chat will be moderated by the Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility channel (@CiscoCSR) on Twitter. Be sure to follow the account to participate. They will begin welcoming guests at 9am PT (12pm ET) and posting questions for discussion.
- For @ replies to specific participants in the discussion, please use a “.” at the beginning of the tweet, so that your question or comment will appear in your public twitter feed.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, please preface each tweet with “1A, 2A,” etc. in order to make it easier for others to follow along with the conversation.
- Be sure to use the #CiscoChat hashtag at the end of each tweet, so that others can find your contributions to the discussion.
Don’t forget to bring your own questions to the discussion as well! See you there!
CONNECT WITH CISCO