Live #CiscoChat November 2nd: Leveraging Technology to Accelerate Social Entrepreneurship
Smart home devices, driverless cars, fitness wearables, and retail beacons — our increasingly digitized world is becoming an increasingly connected world. And a connected world is a strong world.
Thanks to new, digital solutions, business leaders now have access to the tools and insights they need to make faster, better, data-driven decisions. Looking ahead, they stand to gain even more as the Internet of Things (IoT) expands to include 500 billion devices and objects by 2030.
But digitization isn’t just enabling business leaders to grow beyond themselves. It’s also leading them to think beyond themselves; to drive economic development in fragile regions, and to work together to overcome societal and environmental challenges.
It’s technology for the social good, and it’s the topic of our next #CiscoChat, taking place Thursday, November 2nd at 10 a.m. PT. The Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility Twitter channel (@CiscoCSR) will host the chat and a number of featured participants, including:
- Cristina McGlew Castro (@cmcglew): Strategist, CSR Strategy and Global Problem Solving 1B, Cisco Corporate Affairs
- Heather Franzese (@LaborlinkTech ): Vice President, Worker Engagement, Laborlink
- Mary Elizabeth McCulloch (@Project_Vive): Social Entrepreneur, Founder, Project Vive
- Teresa Cauvel (@Neopenda_Health): Co-Founder and CTO, Neopenda
They’ll share real-world examples of successes and key learnings when it comes to the development of technology solutions with a social purpose. To participate in the chat and see how digitization can contribute to social good, be sure you follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Search for the #CiscoChat hashtag and click on the “Latest” tab.
- Follow the right accounts to participate.The Twitter chat will take place on the Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility channel (@CiscoCSR), and will kick off at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET) with questions for discussion.
- If you need multiple tweets to answer a question, preface each tweet with “1A,” “2A,” etc. in order to make it easier for others to follow along with the conversation.
- Be sure to use the #CiscoChat hashtag at the end of each tweet, so that others can find your contributions to the discussion.
Don’t forget to bring your own questions to the #CiscoChat. We look forward to talking with you!Tags: