Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility’s goal is to launch the next generation of global problem solvers; to give people the skills to thrive in a connected world and speed the pace of social change. Every day, we make a difference, from helping social innovators multiply their impact to investing in human potential around the world.
And at Cisco Live US 2016, Cisco’s largest customer event from July 10-14 in Las Vegas Nevada, visit us in booth #3421 to make your impact. Each of our activities ties into Cisco CSR’s key focus areas, including education, healthcare, economic empowerment, critical human needs, and the environment.
Join us in the World of Solutions and help speed the pace of change. Cisco CSR highlights include:
- Global Problem Solvers Interactive Wall — World of Solutions: Get an inside peek at how Cisco is changing the world with our interactive Global Problem Solvers story wall at Cisco Live! Even though the wall is 10’ x 6’, these are a small fraction of stories that show how technology changes lives for the better every day. You’ll have a chance to read about the Cisco Tactical Operations Team, see how Cisco Networking Academy is helping companies fill IT jobs, and discover the power of technology in underserved countries — all with the touch of your finger.
- Give Back Activation — July 11 to July 12: At Cisco Live US last year, attendees helped Stop Hunger Now package more than 100,000 meals for the hungry. This year, Cisco Live is partnering with the nonprofit organization again to break that record. Attendees can volunteer for 30 minutes to help assemble meal kits to be sent around the globe to help fight world hunger.
- Give Back Activation — July 13: In addition to packaging meals, attendees will also have the chance to volunteer for 30 minutes and build hygiene kits for impoverished people. With the help of Clean the World, a nonprofit that collects and recycles discarded soap and hygiene products, Cisco will deliver thousands of kits to those in need in the Las Vegas area.
- Cisco Networking Academy Scholarship: One of Cisco’s goals is to transform education and build the workforce of tomorrow by fostering and developing IT talent. Through the College of Southern Nevada, Cisco Live will provide a $2,500 scholarship to a local student enrolled in the Cisco Networking Academy.
- Cisco Networking Academy Dream Team: As part of the Cisco Networking Academy Dream Team,11 students will work side-by-side with the Cisco IT team to maintain the event’s massive networks and develop the hands-on skills they’ll need to thrive in the connected economy.
In addition, attendees will have multiple opportunities to attend and view a number of different sessions with Cisco CSR executives.
- Live CSR Broadcast on Cisco TV — July 13 from 4:00-4:30 pm: Cisco CSR will be featured on a live Cisco TV broadcast episode titled “Why Now is a Good Time to Be a Global Problem Solver.” Cisco Corporate Affairs Vice Presidents Kathy Mulvany and Laura Quintana will open the episode by discussing how we accelerate global problem solvers to become part of the future workforce. Then, Cisco TV will highlight the Cisco NetAcad Dream Team before conducting an interview with Corporate Affairs Vice President Harbrinder Kang. Finally, Cisco Corporate Affairs Senior Vice President Tae Yoo will sit down with NetHope Director of Development Peter Hage at the Global Problem Solvers Interactive Wall.
- Cisco Empowered Women’s Network — July 10 from 12:00-5:00 pm: Ruba Borna, Cisco’s Vice President of Growth Initiatives and Chief of Staff to the CEO, will serve as one of the event’s keynote speakers. She’ll highlight Cisco NetAcad, discuss women in technology, and emphasize the importance of mentoring future global problem solvers. On stage, she’ll speak with Constance Tony-Jackson, a NetAcad instructor, before speaking remotely with Ntombozuko (Soso) Lining, a former NetAcad student who is helping empower countless young women in Africa.
Be sure to visit us in booth #3421 and follow Cisco CSR on Twitter! Use the following hashtags to join the conversation next week:
As part of the social media fun, we’ll be giving away DJI Phantom 3 4K Drones to two lucky winners! To enter the contest, visit the Global Problem Solvers Interactive Wall in booth #3421 between July 11 and July 13. Then, submit a photo of the wall or a photo of yourself interacting with the wall. Share the picture on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags above to be entered into a random drawing!
For full terms and conditions, click HERE.