Summer time is half over and some people are starting to come back from vacation, while others are taking off on vacation this week, all-in-all it has been a great summer as long as you like the heat.
Gartner Research hasn’t been on vacation as they have been busy working through their analysis of the LTE Vendors in their Gartner 2016 LTE Magic Quadrant. Here are some of their results on Cisco:
- Cisco is “a dominant player in the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) segment of LTE, including policy control, and a supplier of centralized self-organizing networks (SONs).
- Cisco is a leader in the EPC segment, and its Virtualized Packet Core (VPC) also receives major Communication Service Providers’ (CSP) interest.
- Cisco is a leader in Internet Protocol (IP) technology, which is an advantage as EPC is an all-IP network technology.
- Of the vendors in this year’s Magic Quadrant, Cisco has one of the highest scores for overall financial viability.
- In 2016, Cisco announced the intention to buy Jasper Technologies, which provides an Internet of Things (IoT) platform. This IoT service has a broad geographic reach, and its integration with existing IoT products can push forward Cisco’s Internet of Everything (IoE)/IoT vision of collaborating with other ecosystem partners.
- LTE small cells, Cisco is leveraging its enterprise channels to market for reselling SpiderCloud Wireless radio products (with, for example, agreements with Vodafone).”
So why is this important to you? Recently I did a series of blogs on mobile video and the mobile video providers, where I highlighted how fast growing mobile video traffic is going to be. To help get the best performance and features for your customers mobile video experience read this blog.
So to sum things up, according to Gartner Research Cisco is dominant player and partner for you in the Mobile Packet Core. We are the leader in the EPC and VPC, and have the deep financial resources for you to trust with your mobile core and your entire mobile infrastructure for the best customer experience you can offer.
Watch this space for more and for more information go to cisco.com/go/lte.
For more details on the Gartner LTE Magic Quadrant please go to: https://www.gartner.com/doc/3389517/magic-quadrant-lte-network-infrastructure
Download and read our white paper “A New Approach for Mobile Video Services”
Comments are closed.