ANGA COM has a recurring slogan, “Where Broadband Meets Content,” and this continues to have huge relevance for our presence at this annual trade fair in Germany. Cisco is a regular visitor to ANGA COM precisely because it is where network operators, content providers and their suppliers converge to discuss common issues—and the opportunities that lie ahead.
The big topics this year include content delivery and OTT, big data, TV strategies, the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0, smart homes, the Gigabit society, future-proofed fibre and FTTH, migration from analog to digital, cloud services and network virtualization, DOCSIS 3.1 and DAA, next-generation multiscreen platforms, and much more besides—all subjects that keep us busy on a daily basis!
Our own theme for 2018 also provides a pretty succinct summary of the essential characteristics for next-generation networks: “Automated. Intelligent. Simple – Cable Redefined. Infinite Opportunities.”
“Automated,” because network operators will not be able to manage their infrastructures in a cost-efficient way without increased levels of automation. “Intelligent,” to reflect the huge advances made with DOCSIS 3.1, Remote PHY Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) and the deployment of cloud-based, virtualised CCAP and video architectures, just to mention just a few innovations. “Simple cable redefined,” because network complexity belongs to the dark ages. “Infinite opportunities,” because the industry is engaged in a huge transformation process that will open up new service capabilities and revenue streams to benefit all.
We’ll be exploring these various aspects and more over the three days of the conference, which runs from June 12-14 in Cologne. We’ll also be talking about some of our of recent major news announcements, including the launch of our Cloud Native Broadband Router, offering cable operators a new approach to support core broadband routing functions and simplify network operations. In addition, our customer SKBroadband, a leading cable operator in Korea, has just set a speed record with its Cisco-powered DOCSIS 3.1 broadband service. And, we have jointly deployed Remote PHY with our cBR-8 RPHY Core with a Teleste OpenRPD RPHY node at Telia.
As usual, we’ll be showcasing the technology that our customers are using to build their services. We’ll have live demonstrations of:
- Our new Cloud Native Broadband Router, showing how customers can manage and operate a software-based RPHY Core solution for DOCSIS services
- The cBR-8 CCAP product, which can be used as an Integrated CCAP or a Distributed RPHY Core in a purpose-built platform
- Our Converged Interconnect Network (CIN), where we will display a set of products (including the new NCS540 and NCS55A2) and technologies that operators can use to build the CIN network to deploy an RPHY DAA network
- Cisco solutions for RPHY Shelf on different form factors like the Compact 1RU and the High-Dense Modular Shelf
- Live RPHY Node products from third-party node vendors that are members of the OpenRPD initiative for open software development of standard-compliant RPDs
- Full Duplex DOCSIS, to create a 10 Gbps bi-directional network using the new DOCSIS FDX standard
- Infinite Broadband Unlocked, a new commercial model that unlocks capacity for our customers to support deployments of Cloud Native and Fiber-Deep CCAP deployments
- Mobile Backhaul over DOCSIS, displaying how DOCSIS and LTE/5G access networks can be integrated
- Our Cable Orchestration Suite, including software solutions such as SmartPHY, NSO and EPN-M used for cable access automation
- How our Advanced Services offer can help our customers to build a complete orchestration solution with SmartPHY, NSO and high-level business applications
Cisco Speaking Sessions at ANGA COM 2018
We’ve also got a packed line-up of speakers and panellists. Sean Welch, VP/GM, Service Provider Cable Access Business Unit, is kicking things off on the International CTO Panel on Tuesday, while I will be discussing TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa on Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, John Chapman, Cisco Fellow and CTO of Cisco’s Cable Access Business Unit, will be delving into Full Duplex DOCSIS 3.1; Alon Bernstein, Distinguished Engineer, is on a Cloud Native Network Function Virtualization panel; Luis Martins, Head of Cable Access EMEAR, is taking part on a panel on Different Use Cases: Deployment Options for Distributed Access Architectures; and Mike McKeown, Director Business Development, will be sharing lessons learned on Building a SaaS based cloud video platform.
Make sure you stop by and see us in Hall #7, Booth E20.
For a full line-up, visit the ANGA COM Congress page to download a copy of the Congress Agenda, which includes details on all of the Cisco panel discussions.
Meet with Cisco Executives and Subject Matter Experts
ANGA COM is a great time to meet with Cisco executives and subject matter experts. Our team will be available to meet with you to discuss your current challenges and opportunities. To request a meeting, contact your Cisco account manager.
We look forward to seeing you at #angacom2018 in Cologne, Germany. Follow us on Twitter at CiscoSP360 and CiscoSPVideo for all the latest.
CONNECT WITH CISCO