2015: A Great Time to be a Service Provider!
As we close on the first two months of 2015, I am amazed by the exciting developments that can directly benefit service providers. A few examples from my recent travels:
- CES in Las Vegas – The Internet of Everything moved from concept to reality as seen in new connected services, continued proliferation of 4K video and virtualization as a business imperative.
- Cisco Live in Milan – Advances in how service providers can integrate collaboration, cloud, open network environment enablement solution to drive transformation. And SDN shifting from a question of “how” to “when”.
I’m confident that Mobile World Congress this year will have even more exciting developments. The recently announced 2014 Cisco VNI Global Mobile Traffic Forecast states that more than 69% of the world’s population or 7.6 billion people will be mobile users by 2019 (up from 59% in 2014). Service providers sit at the center of these mobile connections as they do with the broader the Internet of Everything.
The opportunities for service providers with the Internet of Everything alone are estimated $1.7 Trillion over the next 10 years. Cisco is in a stronger position than ever to help service providers maximize their success in an increasingly connected, networked world. Kelly Ahuja talked about the changes Cisco has made to continuously improve our solutions responsiveness to service provider business objectives and help our customers drive profitable outcomes.
At Mobile World Congress, you’ll hear from Cisco and many global carriers about how we’re partnering to help service providers enable exciting new services. How? It comes down to three ways:
- Transform the Experience: Deploy new, differentiated capabilities onto existing services to increase customer retention
- Transform the Business: Deploy new services in an efficient, cost effective and agile way to increase revenue streams and address new market opportunities
- Transform the Architecture: Unifying the benefits of physical infrastructure with software across the entire architecture to enable the provider to more effectively and efficiently deliver carrier grade services to achieve agility, operational efficiency and lower the cost to serve, transforming the architecture with programmability, automation, virtualization & orchestration.
I encourage you to read our white paper below with more details behind how service providers with Cisco can transform its business to grow revenue, reduce operating expenses and enhance agility. This white paper also highlights how several service providers all over the world have transformed its experience, business and/or architecture with Cisco.
With all of this innovation service providers are driving, this year is shaping up to be a Mobile World Congress to remember. Stay tuned to SP360 for more news next week, and should your travels take you to Barcelona, I look forward to seeing you there. Thanks, and for those of you soon en route to the Fira, safe travels.
Tweet us for questions or comments @CiscoSP360.