You’d be amazed at what you can get for $10K
As an SMB, you thought there are solutions/options completely out of your range – 10 Gigabit, Virtualization, Stacking, 16TB Storage, POE+, Layer 3, etc.
If I told you you can get all of the following (an entire future-proofed feature-rich SMB network with Storage) for under $10K, what would you say?
- 20x 10-Gigabit Ethernet switch ports (Click here to see the product capabilities)
- 24x 1-Gigabit Ethernet POE switch ports
- High-power POE+
- 802.11n WIFI Access Point
- WAN Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Cisco peace-of-mind with Cisco quality and advanced Support
- Stackable Switching (To learn about the different types of Switches, click here)
- Layer 3 wirespeed forwarding on Switches
- Infrastructure costs – $6290 (pricing for part numbers below at CDW.com on 3/12/2014)
- 16 TB Storage
- File Sharing and Backup
- Video Editing
- Storage costs – $3793 (pricing for part numbers below at CDW.com on 3/12/2014)
Amazing, isn’t it? Here’s the list of equipment that will get you there:
A decade ago, $10K would have gotten you just one 10 Gig port on a Switch and one 10 Gig Server adapter port.
What does this solution enable for your Business?
- Future-proof your network – you are ready for the next generation – 802.11ac WIFI, 10-Gig Ethernet, IPv6, Virtualization, Server Consolidation, POE+, etc
- You will be ready for whatever might be coming your way in the future
- High performance – a major boost in network speed and application responsiveness
- Easier deployment, troubleshooting and management:
- Stacking capabilities in the Switches – both Local as well as Horizontal Stacking
- Multiple options for management such as CLI, Web GUI, SNMP
- Discovery such as CDP, LLDP, Bonjour
- Cisco Auto Smartports and Network-wide Auto-Voice (patent-pending) for zero-touch deployment
- Less complexity – fewer cables, manage as a single switch
- Cost-effectively add high-speed Servers/Storage/Desktops
- Support for 10GBase-T interfaces and with this interface being integrated into motherboards (LOM), this provides the most cost-effective way to upgrade your Server/Storage farms or high-performance workstations such as CAD/CAM desktops
- Can also connect over direct-attach coax (DAC) from switch to endpoints for short distances
- When longer distances are required, the switches also support Fiber via the SFP+ ports
- Lower your Opex by lower power consumption
- This infrastructure facilitates Server consolidation with a single high-speed interface as opposed to multiple aggregated 1 Gig interfaces, reducing power consumption
- 10GBase-T interfaces support EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) which minimizes power consumption on the network
Now that is value for money, right?