#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by technologists for technologists. In this episode, Cisco Champions Aaron Kirk discuss the NOC at Cisco Live with Joe Clarke.
Get the Podcast
- Listen to this episode in SoundCloud
- Check out all Season 5 episodes in iTunes
- Listen to Seasons 1-4 in iTunes
Cisco Champion Hosts
- Aaron Kirk (@amkirk), Cisco Champion member, Technical Marketing Engineer
- Joe Clarke, Cisco Distinguished Services Engineer
- Brett Shore (@brettshore), Cisco Champion Program Management
Podcast Discussion Topics
- The importance of automation in the NOC
- The numbers behind the NOC
- What the Cisco Live NOC team looks like in terms of size and roles
- What equipment is used to build the NOC
- Preparing for a Cisco Live event
- What the NOC team does once Cisco Live starts
- How and why the MetroCluster are set-up for Cisco Live
- Cisco Live stories, surviving worse case scenarios and tools that the team created and uses
- How Webex Teams comes into play
- The most important lesson Aaron and Joe have learned
- What Aaron and Joe would change for future shows
Listen in and provide us feedback, we would love to hear from you!
Cisco Champions are an elite group of technical experts who are passionate about IT and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco. The program has been running for over five years and has earned two industry awards as an industry best practice. Learn more about the program at http://cs.co/ciscochampion.