#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by Cisco Champions as technologists. Today we’re discussing the 2016 Cisco Annual Security Report with Cisco Subject Matter Expert Tim Gurganus.
Get the Podcast
- Listen to this episode
- Download this episode (right-click on the episode’s download button)
- View this episode in iTunes
Tim Gurganus (@hotzoner), Security Incident Manager at Cisco
Tim is a Security Incident Manager with Cisco Active Threat Analytics. He monitors security of Cisco’s largest customers, including Hospitals, financial service companies, and others. He helps to make sure a method exists to detect and mitigate attacks across Cisco’s customers. Tim contributed to the threat intelligence section of the Annual Security Report.
Cisco Champion Hosts
- Brandon Carroll (@brandoncarroll), Network Security Solutions Engineer
- Jake Gillen (@jakegillen), Senior Security Engineer
- Chris Brown (@ChrisKnowsIT), Senior Network Operations Manager
- Brian Remmel (@bremmel)
- How attackers are using trusted resources to launch attacks
- Educating non-savvy users about the dangers of exploits
- The value of DNS to combat attacks
- The impact of increased encryption for attackers and defenders
- The importance of big data and analytics
- Decreasing levels of confidence in security preparedness
- Cisco’s focus on security
- SMB security challenges
- Closing the innovation gap
- Time to Detection as a security metric
- Industry collaboration disrupting attacker infrastructure
For more security trends and insights from Cisco, download the 2016 Cisco Annual Security Report.