#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by Cisco Champions as technologists. Today we’re talking about ACI and OpenStack with Cisco Technical Marketing Engineer, Lauren Malhoit.
Get the Podcast
Listen to this episode
Download this episode (right-click on the episode’s download button)
View this episode in iTunes
Lauren Malhoit, Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Champion Guest Hosts
Hal Rottenberg (@halr9000) Developer Evangelist at Splunk
Raymond Hicks (@raymhicks) Founder of 5thColumn
Lauren Friedman (@lauren)
- Why use OpenStack with ACI
- OpenStack adoption
- OpenStack projects and drives
- Best use of ACI
- Demo Great way to get started. D cloud https://dcloud.cisco.com/.
- Not just cisco participating in open base projects looking on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GroupBasedPolicy.
- Others are finding value
- Great resource: https://acidev.cisco.com/
- Recommended Reading: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/netmit/wordpress/wp-content/themes/netmit/papers/texcp-hotnets04.pdf
Questions and points of discussion:
- Curious as to what problems are solved by ACI?
- With ACI we want to become more application centric
- The problem is application presentation to customers being slowed by traditional network provisioning…
- Also, traditional network model is broken from a security standpoint
- Moving from a blacklist model to a whitelist model in a fundamental shift in the way business is done, but the administrative overhead has always been prohibitive….it has to be automated.
Cisco Champions Program Overview
Cisco Champions are an elite group of technical experts who are passionate about IT and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco. The program has been running for over two years and has earned two industry awards as an industry best practice.
Resources and Links
About the Program
How to Apply for the 2016 Cisco Champions Program (nominations end November 15, 2015)
Contact the Cisco Champions Management Team
CONNECT WITH CISCO