#CiscoChampion Radio S2|Ep 42: ACI and OpenStack
#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by Cisco Champions as technologists. Today we’re talking about ACI and OpenStack with Cisco Technical Marketing Engineer, Lauren Malhoit.
Lauren Malhoit, Technical Marketing Engineer
Lauren Friedman (@lauren)
- Why use OpenStack with ACI
- OpenStack adoption
- OpenStack projects and drives
- Best use of ACI
- Demo Great way to get started. D cloud https://dcloud.cisco.com/.
- Not just cisco participating in open base projects looking on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GroupBasedPolicy.
- Others are finding value
- Great resource: https://acidev.cisco.com/
- Recommended Reading: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/netmit/wordpress/wp-content/themes/netmit/papers/texcp-hotnets04.pdf
Questions and points of discussion:
- Curious as to what problems are solved by ACI?
- With ACI we want to become more application centric
- The problem is application presentation to customers being slowed by traditional network provisioning…
- Also, traditional network model is broken from a security standpoint
- Moving from a blacklist model to a whitelist model in a fundamental shift in the way business is done, but the administrative overhead has always been prohibitive….it has to be automated.
Cisco Champions Program Overview
Cisco Champions are an elite group of technical experts who are passionate about IT and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco. The program has been running for over two years and has earned two industry awards as an industry best practice.