Are you all in on IoT? Partners and customers are making big bets on IoT connectivity.
As Cisco partners see the unique global opportunities IoT brings to the table, they are leveraging our ruggedized portfolio of products. This is helping them to spearhead efforts to differentiate and capture incremental revenue as customers accelerate IoT transformational investments across industries.
In late November, Cisco began offering partner training to build IoT sales and system engineering capabilities with the Cisco IoT portfolio. In just the last five months, more than 1,300 partner salespeople have attended sales training. In addition, more than 600 partner system engineers have attended system engineer training. We also launched a new IoT Authorization at the end of January. In a short three months, 57 partners from approximately 20 countries are now fully authorized for Cisco’s IoT solutions.
When you consider how much this global IoT roadshow is resonating with our partners, and the rapid onboarding into Cisco’s IoT Authorization, it’s clear there is more demand than ever for IoT readiness and recognition. Partners are ensuring their teams are prepared.
Cisco’s IoT Roadshow and IoT Authorization support our strategic focus on the three primary sales and go-to-market motions.
- Extended Enterprise: Customers want to expand Intent Based Networking to the IoT edge. That means bringing insights from outdoor, rugged and industrial IoT endpoints into your customers IT environments. The focus revolves around simply and securely managing and setting policy for employees, indoor/outdoor network devices and IoT endpoints.
- Remote and Mobile Assets: This motion is about combining Cisco’s leading industrial routers, like the new IR1101, with Cisco Kinetic to help customers lower operating costs and drive new revenue streams from thousands of dispersed assets, such as fleet vehicles and connected equipment.
- Industry Sales Plays: Gain a deeper understanding of the industry uses cases that are delivering business outcomes for customers.
By leveraging these three sales motions, partners are able to capture exciting opportunities and build on Cisco’s fastest-growing architecture.
How can you be IoT ready and help customers embrace the connected future? I have three takeaways for Partners to capture the IoT opportunity with Cisco.
- Check out the IoT Training Roadshow and http://cs.co/iot-partner-training
- Obtain the Cisco IoT Authorization http://www.cisco.com/go/authorizations
- If you are attending Cisco Live in San Diego June 9-13, please stop by the Cisco IoT Partner Central booth.
I am really excited about this year’s Cisco Live and will be in San Diego with my team ready to help you win in this fast-growing market. We will help you better understand how Cisco IoT learning offers and content partners can accelerate business with Cisco IoT Architecture technologies. We hope to see you in San Diego!