“Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the earth.” That is a quote more than 2,000 years old by Greek mathematician and astronomer, Archimedes. Fast forward to today’s technology-enabled world and I believe that connected data analytics is that lever and Cisco is the ideal place to stand. Through the Internet of Everything (IoE) — the networked connection of people, process, data, and things — massive business opportunities are available and become more salient with each passing day.
According to the annual IDC Digital Universe study, in a mere five years, about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be created every second for each human being on the planet. Yet, incredibly, nearly 99.5 percent of data (currently) is not analyzed and therefore not effectively utilized nor monetized. Because of the tidal wave of data, new analytical strategies are required. Most data are widely distributed, have a brief shelf life of usability, or are just too large to move efficiently. Today’s businesses require solutions that enable near real-time analysis to turn data into insight and actionable strategies.
Cisco Connects Analytics to Data at the Edge
Forbes reports that 89% of enterprises believe not adopting a data and analytics strategy in the next year risks the loss of market share and momentum. So I am sure that I’m not telling you anything that you don’t already know about the disruptive potential for untapped data. What you may not know, however, is Cisco’s response to this challenge. We recently launched Connected Analytics for IoE.
We are bringing together Cloud, Data Center, Mobility, Security, and Collaboration technologies to analyze data in real-time at the edge of the network. The edge is important because that is where the action happens. For example, in retail, the goal is to know when a customer enters the store, cross-reference that with his or her buying patterns and offer a targeted promotion that matches their specific needs. Only Cisco has the infrastructure to do this.
Connected Analytics is a suite of pre-packaged analytics software ready for integration into existing Cisco infrastructures to enable powerful solutions for a broad array of industries:
- Sports and Entertainment — Connected Analytics for Events that monitors Wi-Fi, device and application usage, and social media to deliver insights on fan engagement and business operations.
- Retail — Connected Analytics for Retail supports the analysis of metrics, including customer and operational data to help stores assure customer satisfaction and store performance.
- Telecomm — Connected Analytics for Service Providers provides near real-time operational and customer intelligence from patterns in networks, operations, and customer system data.
- Networking — Connected Analytics for Network Deployment analyzes devices, software, and features for inconsistencies disrupting network operations and provides visualizations and actionable recommendations to prioritize planning and optimization.
- Mobility — Connected Analytics for Mobility analyzes mobile networks to provide network, operations and business insights for proactive management to Wi-Fi solution customers.
- Call Centers — Cisco Connected Analytics for Contact Center delivers actionable customer intelligence to effect behaviors and outcomes during the critical window of customer decision making.
- Information Technology — Connected Analytics for IT provides business intelligence and insights to help align IT capabilities such as data management and data governance with business objectives. For example, analytics can be applied to align implementation of new IT capabilities such as deploying collaboration technology in new branch offices or by understanding evolving security requirements in real time so organization can mitigate risk by improving cyber security.
- The portfolio also includes Cisco Connected Streaming Analytics, which is a scalable, real-time platform combining quick and easy network data collection from a variety of sources with one of the fastest streaming analytics engines in the industry.
- Partners will be able to tap into a high revenue stream as IT services spend, driven by big data, reaches $44B
- Big data services opportunities supersede hardware and software opportunities, allowing partners to put a premium on these services
- Partners will be able to wrap business intelligence, analytics, and data management solutions with their capabilities to deliver value-added services that differentiate their practice
Call to Action
Cisco is leveraging our strengths in hardware, software, services, and partnerships to deliver powerful analytic capabilities from the data center to the cloud to the edge. We are poised and ready to assist our Partners in accessing valuable insights available from the most distributed and remote data. Is your data analytics strategy in place? Stay tuned for program and enablement details at the upcoming Cisco Partner Summit.
The Connected Analytics portfolio is available globally. If you would like to learn more about it, check out these sources:
Learn more about Connected Analytics