Join Cisco at Automation Fair 2018
The city of brotherly love will become the center of manufacturing this fall as Automation Fair comes into town, November 14-15 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. Just like in the past, the two days will be packed with be vendors, forums, hands-on labs, technical sessions and an opportunity to network with your industry peers. The entire two days are also free to attend.
Working together for more than 12 years, Cisco and Rockwell Automation are helping our customer’s transformation in manufacturing with world-class OT control, power and information systems and industrial ready IT networking and security technologies. This year Cisco will focus on ‘Manufacturing’s Next Act. Secure. Automated. Intelligent. Collaborative.” in our booth (#737). You can learn about how we are helping manufacturer’s with Rockwell Automation with each of those areas in the following solution areas:
- Intent-based Security FactoryTalk Network Manager:Learn how connectivity and security go hand in hand. See how reliable plant connectivity enables collaboration and full process visibility. With reduced risk and exposure to IP theft or production disruptions, you can increase and scale safely. You’ll also see how to detect suspicious traffic flows, policy violations, and compromised devices.
- Industrial Compute – On-Prem, Cloud, and Edge:Gain the flexibility you need to compute data at the edge, in the data center, and/or in the cloud. In this demo, we’ll explore how to move the right data to the right apps, at the right time. Plus, you’ll see how our software will enforce data ownership, privacy, and security.
- Workforce Productivity:Experience operational excellence that will improve workflows, reduce manual paperwork, and improve regulatory compliance. Join this demo and see how integrations with powerful solutions will enable faster issue resolution and improve your overall operational visibility.
- Operational Infrastructure: Learn more about how on-prem and cloud managed solutions are advancing networking, enterprise-grade security and mobility management, and video surveillance in manufacturing environments.
We also want to invite you to attend some of the speaking sessions, led by technical experts from both Rockwell and Cisco:
T54 – The Next Phase of the IT/OT Integration – Extending IT Security to the Cell/Area Zone of the Plant Architecture
This session will review the extension of IT Security strategies into the Cell/Area and IACS devices, and how today’s network infrastructure will evolve and adapt to tomorrow’s requirements and threats. Topics include enhanced remote access, network and security health monitoring, access control and role-based segmentation in a structured, scalable manner.
- Presented by Eric Knopp, Rockwell Automation and Paul Didier, Cisco
- Room 107AB
- Wednesday, 11/14/18 – 1:00 PM; Thursday, 11/15/18 – 1:00 PM
T55 – Cisco: Migrating and Modernizing Legacy IACS Networks
This session will help customers to migrate from legacy industrial automation and control systems to a converged infrastructure that helps to troubleshoot issues faster, avoid costly downtime, and improve security to the plant floor. Share best practices and challenges on typical customer journeys from serial networks, islands of operations, and unsecured, unmanaged plant floor network environments to data ready, secure, lower cost plant floor environments. This session will highlight the joint Rockwell Automation and Cisco solution to achieve including phasing best practices, processes to follow, brownfield versus greenfield, new use cases that can be deployed, and how to take advantage and capture the benefits of managed, secured switches.
- Presented by Arun Siddeswaran, Cisco and Gregory Wilcox, Rockwell Automation
- Room 107AB
- Wednesday, 11/14/18 – 2:00 PM; Thursday, 11/15/18 – 2:00 PM
This year we also have an exciting offering for Automation Fair attendees to join in the Cisco Gateway. The Gateway is new customer advocacy experience that will help you navigate Automation Fair and stay connected with Cisco, even after the event. The Gateway is your opportunity to:
- Connect with industry peers
- Have a direct ‘Gateway’ into Cisco
- Share your stories, ideas, and successes
- Grow your personal brand, professional network, and become a thought leader in your industry.
You will receive access to fun activities and earn exclusive rewards – and while you’re at Automation Fair, you’ll even have a chance to win an Apple Watch and more. Start now!
Make sure to also check out the Connected Enterprise Industries Pavilion and the Integrated Architecture booth which will showcase how Cisco and Rockwell together are converged enabling manufacturers to enable business agility, optimize production yield, and minimize risk.
We look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia.