Cisco IOx in Cisco Live 2014: Showcasing “fog computing” at work
Developers, IT managers, CIOs, Networking gurus, operational technologists in the manufacturing, transportation, energy and other industries have been bombarded lately with many concepts, news and visions about M2M, #IoT, #IoE, Digital Enterprise and more.
Well, Cisco is doing more than just talking. During Cisco Live in San Francisco (#CLUS): we are showcasing, presenting and enabling developers, ISVs, customers and solution providers to have hands-on experience with IOx and start “creating” solutions using fog technologies.
Going to #CLUS you will be able to:
- Watch demo implementations of connected transportation and connected energy using IOx in the IoT demo booth on the exhibition floor (in Cisco’s World of Solutions).
- Learn the basic concepts of fog computing during a 15 minutes overview I’m giving on Thursday: Introduction to the IOx Framework by Todd Baker, Manager of Product Management, IoT Group, Cisco on Thursday, May 22, 11:45 a.m. -12:00 p.m. on the Cisco booth theatre.
- Experience firsthand, how easy it is to create and run applications within the “fog” for the Internet of things participating in the Hackathon for IOx and Data in Motion in the #CiscoDevNet zone.
- Attend an extended introductory presentation on IOx and Data in Motion in the #CiscoDevNet zone at 2 p.m. on Monday May 19.
- Participate in one of the Cisco IoT Grand Challenges for Security or Innovation in any of the IOx related categories: Applications and Application Enablement, Analytics and Management.
The time is now to unleash the untapped power within your existing network! Come and see how IOx is making fog computing real for IoT.