Redux: Yes, Cisco UCS servers are that good
Almost a year ago, I wrote my first blog post detailing what customers have been saying about their UCS experiences in our Case Studies, Solution Briefs, etc.
The findings have been updated with the latest studies. While the percentages haven’t changed much, the number of customers reporting similar results (like Cisco’s market share) has gone up dramatically.
These results are limited to where the customers specifically stated a savings or where the savings is easily derived from the numbers stated.
- 61% reduction of ongoing administrative/management costs based on 27 customers.
- 54% reduction in power & cooling based on 44 customers.
- 77% reduction in cabling with an average cost savings of 71% based on 21 & 6 customers respectively.
- 41% reduction in other operations costs based on 13 customers
- 84% reduction in provisioning times based on 71 customers.
To help explain how customers achieved these results, the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS): Changing the Economics of the Datacenter presentation walks you through UCS technology innovations and how they lead to TCO improvements. Along with this data, the presentation has been updated with current cost comparisons as well as third party deployment test reports.
Would you like to learn more about how Cisco UCS can help you? There are more than 270 datacenter case studies currently on Cisco.com. Additionally, there is a TCO/ROI tool that will allow you to compare your existing environment to a new UCS Solution. For a more in-depth TCO/ROI analysis, contact your Cisco partner.