Adoption toolkits for Webex Devices are here!
Are you adding Webex Share, the Room Kit Mini or Webex Boards to your huddle spaces? Are you launching Video Room systems or Webex Room Kits registered to the cloud or on-premise? Are you deploying video on every desktop? With our growing set of adoption toolkits, we’ve got your back in getting the most value out of your workspaces powered by Webex conferencing devices.
When Customer Success launched our first adoption toolkits, we focused on how different lines of business use Webex Meetings and Webex Teams from anywhere, on any device. This video on collaboration is an all too familiar picture of how in-person meetings in an office environment are changing, we think you’ll agree. Clearly, driving adoption of in-room experiences requires a different approach.
What is a meeting anyway?
Before we started creating this round of adoption materials, firstly, we chose our favorite customers (we’re kidding – it was random, we promise) and spent countless hours on-site with many of you – being relentlessly curious about how work is changing in your offices. Using your feedback, combined with quantitative analysis of meeting data, here’s what we found:
- Huddle spaces are the new conference room: The customers we analyzed had on average 3-4 people in each Webex Meeting, down from 4-6 people just 3 years ago. That shift in meeting behavior is an important data point for designing rooms and workplaces that support new huddle-based work styles.
- Remote is the new normal: 3 years ago, most meeting participants were in the office, and someone dialing in remotely was the exception. Today, the new normal is where 1 or 2 people are in the office, and the rest are remote from other sites, home offices, or even on the road.
- Meetings are less scheduled and more ad-hoc: Of the customers we analyzed, those that enabled Personal Meeting Rooms (PMR) saw a 23% increase in smaller, ad-hoc meetings versus scheduled meetings. Users with access to a PMR also had shorter meeting times in minutes overall, on average by 6 minutes.
- Quiet spaces are lacking: Over the past number of years, business leaders have transitioned their offices away from private offices and cubicles to more open and collaborative floor plans. However, open floorplans are not delivering the value leadership expected because there is a lack of quiet spaces, impacting concentration and productivity both in and out of meetings. In a recent survey, 58% of high performers say they need more quiet work spaces.
- The in-room experience is just as important as the out of room experience: We saw the highest percentage of video adoption in customers where rooms were designed for both the view of the remote attendee and the user in the room.
Successful adoption of Webex Devices
Leadership who understands the value of video is a critical part of successful adoption. At your company, is work a place you go, or something you do? 80% of executives and IT decision makers say “if I was CEO, improving productivity would be my number one priority.” Meanwhile, 80% of employees feel technology has a positive influence on their productivity at work. We created these one pagers detailing the value of video to help you have the right conversations with leadership.
Next, we know that room setup is critically important in driving adoption success. Ask yourself – are you designing collaboration rooms for the person who’s not in them? Each Webex device adoption toolkit gives you useful links for device setup and management, often pointing you to the right resources on Project Workplace.
Once your room is set up, it’s time to get users familiar with the new space. Our Quick Start Guides (QSG’s) for Webex Room Kits registered to the cloud or on-premise will work for most of our customers’ environments. If you need to customize them, just download the editable files to customize them for your style, brand, and environment so your employees have adoption content that is most relevant to them.
After your room is set up – adoption is all about awareness. If your company uses posters for physical awareness, you’ll find the photography and illustration-based posters useful for highlighting the value of each device for users. Choose the poster design that best suits your culture, or use the editable files to create your own.
These toolkits also document the top use cases per device, ranging from larger town hall meetings, to a single user in the room with remote audiences, to using video for those interpersonal conversations between manager and employee, or simply local content sharing. Use these where you see fit; online, in email, or upload them to your intranet sites to provide training and suggestions for how your users can engage in your workplace powered by Webex in new ways.
If there is one thing we love almost as much as our customers – it’s changing the way the world works. If you’re as passionate as we are, join the conversation in our adoption Webex Teams space with over 800 of our closest friends.
CONNECT WITH CISCO