Made better with Cisco Collaboration Meetings Rooms (CMR for short) offering a standards based approach. Jabber supports Lync interoperability despite having to work with proprietary Microsoft protocols.
CMR can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or as a hybrid mix of both. It provides a business quality collaboration experience by combining video, audio and content sharing while juggling all the background normalization steps needed to ensure that meetings run seamlessly for all participants.
Read up further on the benefits and specifics of CMR or check out this short ‘at a glance’ pdf.
Watch this short video backgrounder for more.
Tags: Cisco Jabber, cmr, jabber, lync, Lync Interoperability Telepresence, Microsoft, Techwise TV, TechWiseTV
When we talk to customers about collaboration and communication, we ask how they work today. Then we ask how they’d like to work in the future – and what tools and capabilities they want. Sometimes the things they want are simple, sometimes they’re more complex. But we take them all seriously – and we take them to our development teams to build into our product roadmap.
That’s what we did with Collaboration System Release 11. Customers consistently bring up three key needs, so that’s where you’ll find many of the benefits of the new release.
- Experience: Provide a delightful user experience that makes collaboration a natural and integral part of any workday, helping people be more productive.
- Simplicity: Reduce the time to first call or meeting with a complete solution that is simple to buy, deploy, manage, and use.
- Ubiquity: Extend the collaborative environment beyond organizational boundaries to include customers, partners, and mobile workers.
These aren’t new themes for us – because they’re not new themes for you.
With Release 11.0, we’re continuing to deliver more capabilities and value around these themes, starting with the user experience.
Conferencing: Multi-streaming is a new feature that allows certain Cisco endpoints to generate and/or receive concurrent video streams of differing resolutions and frame rates. Cisco TelePresence Server’s ability to intelligently switch and transcode streams provides a flexible, high-quality user experience regardless of endpoint or software client.
In the latest version of Cisco Jabber, a single mouse click lets you move a multiparty IM conversation into a videoconference hosted on TelePresence Server, WebEx, or CMR Cloud.
CMR Cloud now includes “mobile proximity join,” which automatically tells the endpoint to dial into a meeting, driving faster meeting starts. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, cmr, collaboration, CSR 11.0, jabber, system release, TelePresence, unified communications
Have you ever suffered phone envy in the office? You stroll by someone’s desk and notice that they have a better, newer, cooler desktop phone than you do? Maybe it’s one with a smooth sleek design, embedded video capabilities, and a higher-resolution display. If so, now might be a good time to raise your hand and ask for a new phone. We are introducing two new video phones to the IP Phone 8800 Series, which we’ve built to scale across your organization.
Next week at Cisco Live in San Diego, we will showcase the 8845 and 8865 IP Phone models. The new phones deliver the great experience you expect from the 8800 Series with addition of 720p HD video capabilities — at a great price. The new models also have advanced features that go beyond video, such as Cisco’s Intelligent Proximity for Mobile Voice, which provides telephony feature integration with your personal mobile devices. It’s all about enabling you to work your way.
Cisco IP Phone 8845 and 8865*
Cisco IP Phone 8845 and 8865*
These new phones round out an exciting phase of innovation on the desktop for Cisco. This time a year ago,
Read More »
Tags: 7800 series, 8800 series, cisco live, desktop video, dx series, infocomm, intelligent proximity, jabber, Video IP Phone, WebEX
After too long, business is becoming more immediate and visual.
Think of it this way – a couple of thousand years ago business was often done in a market place or trading post, face to face in person. Technology meant supply lines and trade was able to extend geographically so business had to be conducted in part, with asynchronous delayed communication by post and then the telegraph. Read More »
Tags: Cisco IT, cisco on cisco, coc-collaboration, collaboration, Collaboration Edge, jabber, video
For many of us, the process of getting to and from work can create frustration that resonates all day long. Do the following daily obstacles sound familiar to you?
- 6:15 a.m.: Wake up, feed dog, make coffee, shower, make up, style hair, dress for the office
- 7:30 a.m.: Drive, sit in traffic, stop by Starbucks, wait in line
- 9:30 a.m.: Arrive to office late but finally at my desk, answer e-mails
- 10 a.m.: First conference call of the day via WebEx
- 1 p.m.: Lunch time! Discover someone has stolen my RedBull from community refrigerator. Must escape building after someone microwaves left-over fish dinner and the odor crawls through the entire second floor
- 2 p.m.: Back to work, can’t focus well with distracting noise of nearby printer
- 3 p.m.: Territorial cubicle neighbor creates drama about missing sticky notes
- 4 p.m.: Back pain and headache kick in, start looking at the clock and dreaming of Hawaii
Read More »
Tags: Cisco collaboration, Cisco Spark, cmr, collaboration, collaboration meeting room, jabber, remote worker, telecommute, WebEX