VMworld 2013 opens on August 25th, 2013, at the MOs cone Convention Center in San Francisco, California. Cisco is a Global Diamond Sponsor, as we highlight our Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), Solutions for virtualization and cloud.
Cisco’s unique, fabric-centric architecture-Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), combines high performance compute, network and storage access bound together by an integrated control plane with embedded systems management. Cisco UCS serves as a common, centrally managed platform that simultaneously supports the unique requirements of the full spectrum of application workloads and a wide variety of operating models for bare metal, virtualized or cloud environments
The best way to quickly learn about latest Cisco UCS innovations and solutions for virtualization and cloud is by seeing them “LIVE IN ACTION”. Come to the Cisco booth #1005 to leverage the Cisco UCS demos, theater sessions and related activities at VMworld San Francisco, 2013.
Learn more about Cisco UCS: Visit Cisco booth # 1005 to interact with peers, Cisco executives, and Cisco partners.
Ask Cisco UCS Experts: Cisco UCS experts will be available to answer your questions and provide interactive live demonstrations of Cisco UCS.
Attend Keynote speaking sessions:
1. Monday, August 26th-3.30-4.30 pm: ATT’s Migration to vSphere with AutoDeploy
Speaker: John Kennedy- CSPG UCS Product Mgmt. and DC Solutions
2. Tuesday August 27th-3.30-4.30 pm: Cisco Innovations Enabling Cloud Infrastructures
Speaker: Ram Appalaraju- VP, Marketing
3. Wednesday, August 28th-11.00-12.00 pm: The Next Wave of Virtualization & Fabric Computing with Cisco’s Unified Computing System
Speaker: Roger Barlow- CSPG UCS Product Mgmt. and DC Solutions
Attend Cisco UCS Theater Sessions: Visit the Cisco Solutions Theater at booth #1005 to attend the informative Cisco UCS theater sessions.
Location: Cisco Campus Solutions Theater
- Sunday, August 25th – 4.30-4.50 pm- Pragmatic Approach to Transforming UCS
- Monday, August 26th -12.30-12.50 p.m.-Managing a Growing UCS environment
- Monday, August 26th -2.00-2.20 p.m. – UCS Central Best Practices
- Tuesday August 27th -12.00-12.20 pm- vCenter Orchestration plugin for Cisco UCSM
- Tuesday August 27th -2.00-2.20 pm-UCS Best Practices in VM Environments
- Tuesday August 27th -3.30-3.50 pm-Deploying a Private Cloud with FlexPod and UCS Director
- Wednesday, August 28th– 10.30-10.50 am- VMware vSAN – Data Center integration with Branch Offices on Cisco UCS and Cisco UCS E” and “VMware vSAN on Cisco UCS – The Cisco Advantage
- Wednesday, August 28th– 11.30-11.50 am-Unified Infrastructure Management with Cisco UCS Director
Explore the Cisco Unified Computing Demos:
Simplify Compute, Network and Storage Access Management with Cisco UCS
1. Simplify Computing with UCS Manager, UCS Central and SingleConnect : Get simplified and cost-effective infrastructure for bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud environments. Reduce cost & complexity with Cisco SingleConnect technology and Simplify management with UCS Central across multiple data centers and geographies.
2. UCS and VMware Management Integration: Demonstrates the integration of UCS into VMware orchestration tools, including a vCenter plug-in and monitoring tools.
3. Scalable, Higher Performance Virtual Desktops: Demonstrates the performance, manageability and TCO advantages that UCS brings to VMware Horizon View desktops for scalable, stateless/floating desktops and graphics-intensive workstations/applications.
4. Cisco UCS V-Rack Kaon demo: Interactive Kaon demo showcasing Cisco UCS system components and solutions
I will be at both # 1005 with the Cisco UCs Experts team throughout VMworld 2013. Please stop by to ask questions, and to get a live Cisco UCS demonstration.
Enjoy the show!
Sr. Marketing Manager-Cisco UCS
Tags: Cisco UCS, Cloud Computing, unified computing system, virtualization, vmworld
Earlier this year, the number of connected devices reached the 10 billion mark, surpassing the world’s human population, and experts expect that number to reach 50 billion over the next two years. This phenomenon, known as the Internet of Things (IoT), comprises a highly distributed model of connected objects, devices, and sensors that are used to communicate data. Everyday products can then use that data to analyze, plan, and make intelligent decisions. While IoT promises to fundamentally change our daily lives, arguably the most significant impact of IoT will be to the business world.
While consumers will enjoy new levels of connectivity with IoT, businesses will receive the lion’s share of the benefits. IoT will usher in a wealth of intelligence that businesses can use for planning, management, policy, and decision-making that will help them maximize productivity and efficiency while minimizing costs. In fact, some of these business applications already exist. For example, by connecting their cameras to the network, retailers can use analytics tools that can help them improve customer service, understand traffic patterns, and enhance inventory decisions. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Cloud Computing, Internet of Everything, internet of things, IoE, IoT, network security, physical security, security
Since around the turn of the year, specific to each region of the world, we in Cisco Services have established magazines (available in both printed and online formats) to bring you help and guidance on the challenges and opportunities of new technology adoption, evolution and maintenance, across all areas of Cisco technology. If you’ve read my blogs on Data Center and Cloud adoption challenges, you’ll know that such opportunities and challenges are my passion, so I personally find these new magazines, and their perspectives from a range of Cisco writers including senior executives, very interesting.
Cisco Services Magazines
In line with the way our customers’ challenges vary across the world, we produce different magazines for:
- The Americas – “Services Perspectives” – Register and read here for Services Perspectives.
- Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) – “Services Discovery” – Register and read here for Services Discovery.
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR) – “Services Dynamics” – Register and read here for Services Dynamics.
In each case, you can eother subscribe online, request a printed copy, or do both!
In the Services Discovery Issue 1, there are excellent articles on migrating legacy RISC applications to Cisco UCS, and “Are You Thinking Cloud” – both areas Cisco can help you with. One of our Chinese financial customers, Bank of Chengdu, is featured on how they improved efficiency via data center improvements.
In the Americas “Services Perspective” Magazine, the recent article on “The Hidden Hazards within Private Clouds” was particularly interesting, including coverage on Cisco Domain TenSM which I have blogged on extensively on this year. Another excellent topic was “The Business and Technology Case for Infrastructure Modernization” describing the challenges and solutions to UNIX to Cisco UCS application migration.
And in the EMEAR Services Dynamics magazine, we also discussed Cisco Domain Ten, Cisco Services framework for data center and cloud transformation.
As I say above, these are not simply magazines for data center and cloud, I’ve simply highlighted a few articles above that most relevant to my interests and this subject of this particular Cisco Data Center blog. So whatever your interests and location, we have well designed and insightful magazines for you! And we hope you enjoy and learn from them!
Tags: architecture, Cisco Domain Ten, cisco_services, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, Smart Care, UCS, unified computing
Venturing off the beaten path may just be the only way to stay ahead of the competition.
And while IT-as-a-service and cloud computing concepts are not as precarious as once perceived, there are still a lot of unknowns as businesses and organizations set out to explore new possibilities.
Discover how industry thought leaders are paving new roads by enabling new business opportunities.
Subscribe to Unleashing IT today, or log in, for a fresh perspective and innovative approaches to business. Hard copies of the Summer 2013 edition—produced in collaboration with Intel®—are now available in addition to the electronic PDF. And don’t hesitate to check out the newest event listings, offers, and resources on the website.
To get in touch with a Cisco representative regarding any solutions found in Unleashing IT, fill out this form or send a message to email@example.com.
Tags: API, Cisco, Cloud Computing, data center, desktop virtualization, technology, Unleashing IT, vdi
Businesses and organizations are increasingly turning to private cloud delivery models to address their most pressing business and technology challenges. Next week, at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 (WPC) in Houston, channel partners will be able to speak with Cisco executives and consult with Cisco experts, to learn how Cisco and Microsoft have teamed to provide integrated solutions for Microsoft Private Cloud. These validated solutions create opportunities for partners to: increase revenue; accelerate their customer’s journey to private cloud; and enable repeatable deployments.
The Cisco Unified Data Center is holistic data center infrastructure architecture. It combines compute (UCS), storage, network (Nexus), security, and management into a single fabric architecture that creates optimal environments for Microsoft Private Cloud and applications. Channel partners can take advantage of Cisco Validated Designs (CVDs) and Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track solutions with integrated storage from NetApp or EMC for turnkey private cloud engagements.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco UCS, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, FlexPod, Microsoft, UCS, vspex