Cisco Live Europe returns to London this year more precisely at the ICC Excel Conference Centre.
By focusing on “What You Make Possible”, attendees are invited to hear customer testimonials and see Cisco’s innovation solutions that showcase what is possible when partnering with Cisco.
As usual the event is divided between a series of educational programs, starting on Monday January 28 with a full day of technical seminars , followed on the 29, 30, 31 and even Feb 1st by a large range of opportunities
- Keynotes sessions with CTO Padmasree Warrior (1/29) and Data Center SVP/GM David Yen (1/30 )
- Break out sessions
- Meet the Engineers
- Cisco Certifications
I will not detail all the activities. I encourage you to check the website. If you’re in London you want to attend directly – If not you may want to check www.ciscolive356.com to discover a large choice of sessions that you can attend on line .
This year we are honored to have NetApp as a Diamond Sponsor (Check John Rollason’s blog on NetApp activities a Cisco Live) . If Cisco, EMC and VMware have been collaborating intensively over the past years with the creation of VCE , and solutions such as VBlock and VSPEX , Cisco and NetApp have also reinforced the partnership moving it to a next level with a recent announcement around Flexpod (chek the blog from Todd Brannon More of a good thing: Cisco and NetApp open the next chapter for FlexPod)
Remember the “Data Center of The Future?
“ Going this year at Cisco Live London on the Data Center and booth you will find an impressive series of racks featuring the new face of “The Data Center of the Future “ that we call the “Unified Data Center” built in strong partnership with Intel.
In addition we are presenting more than 25 demos covering Unified Computing, Unified Fabric, Unified Management, and solutions such as hybrid cloud (check Shashi Kiran recent blog Lowering Barriers to Hybrid Cloud Adoption – Challenges and Opportunities), desktop virtualization ( Check Tony Paikeday ‘s blog) and mission critical applications running on UCS such as SAP, Microsoft (Check Rex Backman ‘s blog) and Oracle.
Amongst the remarkable demos let’s mention
- The workload mobility , a 3 ways demo built in partnership with two platinum sponsors EMC, VCE, featuring automated management between data centers.
- Cisco Open Network Environment , the Cisco solution for network programmability (SDN) with a set softwares (One controller, OnePK, OpenFlow, OpenStack ) – On this topic you may want to check the series of ONEwebcasts available and register for the coming February 14 webcast on OpenFlow
- The solutions based on UCS including the recently announced multi-domain management UCS Central , the integrated stacks such as VBlock (with VCE) VSPEX (with EMC) and of course Flexpod (with NetAPP)
- Citrix is demonstrating the Citrix NetScaler VPX virtual application delivery controller (vADC) on the Nexus 1110 Cloud Services Platform . (see details here )
- On the data center switching side, you will find the growing portfolio of solutions based on N1K, but also the most recent innovations of the Nexus family . I deeply encourage you to attend on Feb 5th our webcast on “Fabric Innovations for The World of Many Clouds” where we will detail all what is presented and more in London.
- For the Unified management side , please check Carolina Fernandez’s blog (Learn about Unified management in the Data Center and Cloud Booth at Cisco Live London 2013!) as well as Jason Schroedl ’s blog on Cloupia + Cisco Unified Management = Better Together.
This quick overview will not be complete without mentioning a series of 41 theater presentations on Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday. A great opportunity to get a quick snapshot (10 to 15 mn) of the different solutions , presented by Cisco and partner expert and why not …win some cool gifts.
Check on the booth to get the most recent agenda , or follow @cisodc , hashtag #CLEUR as I will send regular alert.
Well, you may certainly want to participate to the “Challenge” organized around UCS .
You may also take advantage of the “Candy Station “ Treat for tweet , The one-stop sweet shop for delegates needing a sugar hit:)
Wether you are in London or not expect to see a lot of social media activities with blogs, tweets and video – So check this blog , @ciscodc and facebook.com/ciscodc to know what’s going on .