In case you didn’t notice , the partnership between Citrix and Cisco has been growing nicely over the part 2 years in many areas .
Amongst numerous areas of collaboration here are some common solutions that will be highlighted at the coming conference Citrix Synergy
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility solution for business to employee with Citrix XenMobile
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization with Citrix Xen Desktop 7.1 on Cisco UCS
- Cisco DaaS with Citrix (CloudPlatform or UCS director on UCS)
- Cisco’s Citrix NetScaler 1000V (vPath and RISE)
- Cisco ACI strategy and how Citrix integrates OpFlex.
The last bullets point, especially the endorsement by Citrix of RISE , the new protocol for Nexus 7000 have been amply covered over the past weeks in blogs from Gary Kinghorn as well as video – You will find links at the bottom of this blogs. But check also Citrix page on Netscaler 1000V.
Citrix was one of the close partner present when we announced last month at Interop OpFlex, a new open standards- based protocol (OpFlex) for Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) .In this video, Sunil Potti, Citrix VP & GM Netscaler, explained why Citrix is standing shoulder to shoulder with Cisco on this topic.
Cisco and Citrix have been also working diligently to offer the best solutions in terms of mobility . You may want to check this blog from Jonathan Gilad on Cisco strategy and solutions around mobile workplace . Check his recent blog Beyond BYOD to Workspace mobility