As businesses around the world are turning to IoT to connect and protect what matters most, I am pleased to share that we’re experiencing unprecedented growth across our IoT business. Our strong collaboration with industry partners is the foundation of Cisco’s IoT business success. As businesses continue connecting more parts of their business and unlock new services, we’re excited to help our partners expand into new markets and industries to connect everything that moves, securely.
Driving Value for Partners
The Cisco Mobility Services platform is the foundation of Cisco’s Mobility strategy and Cisco IoT Control Center manages IoT device connectivity at scale. We work with more than 50 communication service providers (CSP) globally to serve over 32,000 enterprises around the world. We’re empowering and accelerating the global adoption of IoT for our CSP customers and are continuously looking ahead to help them capture new revenue opportunities and ensure they receive maximum value from our platform.pr
Together, we’re anchored in the global expansion of mobile IoT services to connect everything, everywhere. We’re working with key partners which are accelerating growth of IoT internationally, including:
- KPN (Netherlands): KPN crossed a new milestone in 2022, supporting 10 million devices on the Cisco IoT Control Center platform. They have one of the highest device growth rates in the region, and the most devices supported by one EMEA CSP on the platform.
- Tele2 (Sweden): Tele2’s IoT revenue grew more than 22% in 2022, exceeding the industry average yearly growth rate of 12% – 15%, with devices deployed in 190 countries. On the back of this growth, Tele2 has been able to significantly expand its international teams across top European markets.
- TIM Enterprise: TIM Enterprise is Italy’s leading ICT player for public sector organizations and private companies, with IoT and security services. They are a digital transformation partner in several IoT domains such as Smart Cities, Smart Environment, Smart Mobility and Utility Management. Through its Group company Olivetti, TIM Enterprise is collaborating with Cisco on Managed Mobility Services, leveraging mobile connectivity up to 5G, to help their customers expand their IoT business, as they enjoy an enhanced experience with full self-serve control over the network.
- Telenor Norway: Telenor is a market leader in Norway and reached a milestone of 1M devices on the IoT Control Center platform. Telenor works with enterprises of all sizes to deploy innovative IoT solutions across the globe – helping customers to future-proof their solutions in transportation, manufacturing and beyond.
- Telstra: Telstra is an IoT global leader and has continued to scale up its IoT software and platform offerings across several industry verticals, while leveraging Australia’s largest IoT network with millions of IoT devices now connected. With the IoT Control Center platform, Telstra customers can automate and manage large-scale IoT deployments easily and cost-effectively.
Today, there are over 82 million connected cars on the IoT Control Center platform around the world. Transportation is driving the evolution of connectivity, particularly around 5G, and together with our CSP partners we work closely with automobile manufacturers across the globe to meet their increasingly complex needs for mission-critical connectivity. Our ongoing commitment to innovation and investment in connected transportation technology will ensure future leadership and continued profitability for our CSP partners.
What some of our customers have to say
- “Our collaboration with Cisco has been the cornerstone of our IoT business for many years and we count on their continued technology leadership and our ongoing partnership to drive our future IoT success.”
– Cyril Deschanel, Managing Director, Tele2 IoT
- “Reaching the significant milestone of 10 million IoT connections is also thanks to a joint effort with the Cisco team. We look forward to working together in the coming years to achieve even more IoT connections for our customers.”
– Carolien Nijhuis, Managing Director, KPN IoT