Security Sneak Peek at Cisco Live US 2016
If you’re interested in cybersecurity (and really, who isn’t these days?), you have a lot to look forward to at Cisco Live US. Digital Business Transformation will be in the spotlight this year and our world-class experts will be sharing how security acts as a fundamental enabler of that transformation.
Opening Keynote: Accelerating Digital Transformation
Monday, July 11 at 10:30AM
While not specific to security, the opening keynote is never one to miss. Chuck Robbins will outline how winning in digital requires a fundamental expansion of the role of IT and the network, and how Cisco’s vision and strategy will help you lead your organization forward.
Innovation Talk: Security in a Digital World
Tuesday, Jul 12, 9:00 a.m. | Bayside A, Level 1
This talk will address the evolving role of security in digital environments. Leaders in Cisco’s security engineering, product management and services organizations will discuss new ways to secure your business in a digital world, including key architectural approaches that you can take to protect your business both today and enable it for growth and innovation moving forward.
Pervasive Security – Securely Connecting Everything
Wednesday, July 13, 11 a.m. | MGMCC Connections Theater, Grand Ballroom
During this session, Steve Martino from Cisco’s Security & Trust Organization will discuss the security challenges created by the Digital Economy and how Cisco is protecting itself. He will also share best practices for how organizations should build out their own strategy for securing their organizations.
Security in the World of Solutions
Visit the Cisco Campus in the World of Solutions where you can see security solutions in action. Get hands-on with demos in the Security Zone and visit the Campus Theater for sessions on topics such as Advanced Malware Protection and cloud security. Plus meet with over 15 of our security partners in the Partner Village.
Security Passport Program
Each day we will be giving away a special prize for attendees who visit five participating security activities in the World of Solutions. Just pick up your passport at any of the locations, collects stamps at each, and return your completed passport to the Security Zone. Here are the activities:
- Test Your Security Awareness and Tour the Network Emergency Response Vehicle (booth 3423)
- Security Partner Village
- Lancope, now part of Cisco (booth 1937)
- OpenDNS, now part of Cisco (booth 2157)
- Cisco Security Customer Connection Program (in Security Zone, Cisco campus)
Making an appearance again this year will be the Threat Wall. The wall demonstrates “Cisco Firepower Threat Management at Work” and presents a live, anonymized analysis of the Cisco Live conference network.
As I mentioned earlier, there are over 200 security-focused technical sessions at Cisco Live. Browse the full list here or see some highlights below. Register now before they fill up.
- Emerging Threats – The State of Cyber Security
- CTA – From Exploitation to Exfiltration
- Securing The Hastily Formed Network: Cybersecurity for Disaster Relief and Emergency Response
- Best Security and deployment strategies SMB NGFW deployment
- Web Filtering and Content Control in the Enterprise
- GET Your VPN’s Secured with ESON
- Deploying ISE in a Dynamic Public Environment
- Cisco Email Security: Best Practices and Fine Tuning
- Strengthening Meraki Security with AMP and ThreatGrid
- Demystifying Cloud Data Center Security Architectures
- TLS Decryption using the Web Security Appliance (WSA)
- IOS FlexVPN Remote Access, IoT and Site-to-Site advanced Crypto VPN Designs
- Securing Your Network with Anomaly Detection using Distributed Learning Architecture
- Advanced Web Security Deployment & Troubleshooting with WSA in IPv4 v6 Networks
- IOS FlexVPN Hands-on Lab
- Integrated Threat Defense – Solving for Time
- Deploying PKI for Today’s Advanced Networks
- Firepower Tuning: Improving Detection and Performance
- Advanced Remote Access and Site-to-Site VPN design with IOS
- Cisco Security for Traditional and ACI Data Centers
- Building Trust and Confidence in the Cloud
- Protecting Data – How IT Organizations are Taking the Lead
- Who is Lurking on Your Network? Enhancing Network Visibility with Cisco Stealthwatch
- Keep Calm and Protect Your Data: Rapidly Creating an Effective Data Protection Program
But wait, there’s more!
We couldn’t possibly list all of our Cisco Live security events and goings-on here. For more details, check out our Security Experience page.Tags: