Internet of Everything – $Billions of Value to Partners
I’ve been having great conversations with our partners about the Internet of Everything (IoE), especially since Partner Summit. The biggest takeaway is that IoE is not a new solution or new market; it truly is much bigger than that. IoE is a complete market shift that will touch the lives of each and every one of us.
And because the IoE value is so great, as in $1.2 billion this year alone, we are committed to enabling our partners to make the most of these opportunities. Here is what we’ve tackled so far to help you capture the IoE value:
- We’ve invested more than $5 billion in research, development, and acquisitions to accelerate the IoE, making the opportunity a reality today;
- We’re raising awareness of the value at stake and of new technologies, getting your customers excited about the prospect of a more connected, intelligent future; and
- We’re enabling you with content and marketing assets to start stimulating customer appetite for transitioning IoE ideas into sales conversations and tangible projects.
The research really says it all. The numbers are astounding:
- Between 2013 and 2022, $14.4 trillion of value will be “up for grabs” for companies globally, based on these market shifts:
- $9.5 trillion will come from industry-specific use cases, including opportunities in areas such as smart grid and connected commercial vehicles; and
- $4.9 trillion will come from cross-industry use cases, meaning everything from telecommuting to the “where and the how” of doing work in the future.
As more people, processes, data, and things join the global network, the world around us will change. But the IoE is not a destination or an end point – it’s a journey that you’re already on.
Embracing the IoE enables you and your customers:
- Fuel innovation by providing access to data that informs new business ventures;
- Increase efficiency by reducing costs of operations and improving supply chain agility;
- Extend global reach by collaborating with international organizations and not letting time zones inhibit growth;
- Improve end user experiences by collecting insight to customer behaviors and expectations;
- Minimize risk with more informed decisions and more protected lines of communication; and
- Unlock intelligence by reacting to data and information more quickly and effectively.
The more I talk to you and hear your individual perspectives, the more excited I become about the IoE opportunities. I invite you to take advantage of the assets that you have at your fingertips to leverage the power of Cisco behind the IoE:
- Learn more about this historic market shift and keep on top of the latest developments in connectivity by visiting the Internet of Everything website;
- Start engaging customers by accessing and using the latest marketing and thought leadership content we’ve developed and localized on Partner Marketing Central;
- We identified three paths, depending on your unique goals. We call these Envision, Enable, and Expand. You decide which path you’ll take, and you’re not limited to only one;
- Share your insights and successes in our Cisco Partner Community; and
- Please participate in our IoE Campaign Training for Partners Webcasts on Tuesday, Sept. 24:
What are you doing to unlock the IoE potential? Let me know via Twitter @SherriLiebo.Tags: