Network infrastructure has typically been static and fractured with enterprises dealing with multiple vendors across the globe. With the evolution of software-defined networking, Equinix has made it possible to create a global network infrastructure through their Network Edge and Equinix Fabric offerings, accessible in a matter of minutes.
The deep partnership between Cisco and Equinix optimizes middle-mile connectivity with Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN and only requires a single platform (Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN) to spin up virtual edges (Cisco Catalyst 8000V Edge Software) at 60+ Equinix metro locations and connect multiple cloud environments to on-prem infrastructures.
Introducing PAYG for Equinix Services
Today Cisco and Equinix have agreed to make Equinix Network Edge, Equinix Fabric and Device Link Groups available as a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) offer through the Cisco Solutions Plus program.
With the introduction of a single billing platform via Cisco, the two companies are extending their partnership by giving joint customers and partners unprecedented flexibility, scalability, and cost-effectiveness. The joint solution delivers a cloud-like consumption model for underlay services from Equinix while taking advantage of the automation, security, and monitoring capabilities of Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN.
The Evolution of Networking
Traditionally, many enterprises have relied on CAPEX investment for their networking needs. While this is beneficial in many cases, it has often hindered the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and evolving technological landscapes.
Cisco’s PAYG model for Equinix services allows customers to evolve to an OPEX investment model. Available to customers for purchase via Cisco partners in March 2024, the Catalyst SD-WAN software release 20.9.5 onwards will support the PAYG business model for Equinix Network Edge, Equinix Fabric, and Device Link Groups. Businesses can now unlock new possibilities and simplify IT for agile, on-demand networking solutions that align with their dynamic needs.
We are thrilled to announce the latest evolution of the Cisco & Equinix partnership, focused on optimizing middle mile connectivity for our customers. By combining Cisco’s leadership in SD-WAN and Equinix’s leadership in multi-cloud connectivity, customers can now supercharge their SD-WAN deployment with this fully digital joint solution on a pay-as-you-go service available through Cisco’s SolutionsPlus program.
– Lisa Miller, Senior Vice President, Joint Platform Solutions at Equinix
Key Features of Cisco’s PAYG for Equinix
- Flexibility and scalability: Cisco’s PAYG model empowers businesses to scale their underlay infrastructure up or down based on real-time requirements for site-to-cloud, site-to-site, and cloud-to-cloud connectivity. This flexibility is crucial in today’s dynamic business environment, where adaptability, agility, and ease of use are key determinants of success.
- Cost-efficiency: With a PAYG model, organizations only pay for the Equinix resources they consume, eliminating the need for large upfront investments. This pay-as-you-go approach aligns costs directly with usage, providing a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes. With a single billing and support platform, Cisco aims to reduce the multi-vendor requisite customers must deal with for their global networking infrastructure needs. Cisco also front-ends support on the solution and can act as the first line of assistance for customers requiring support.
- Reduced time-to-market: Equinix Network Edge and Equinix Fabric, combined with Cisco’s PAYG model, streamline the deployment process of a global network. Businesses can rapidly spin up network services and adapt to changing market conditions without the delays associated with traditional procurement and deployment cycles. Combined with Catalyst SD-WAN’s Cloud OnRamp capabilities, customers get a single pane of glass for managing their cloud networking needs.
- Global reach: Equinix’s extensive global footprint allows businesses to deploy Network Edge and Fabric services closer to end-users, improving latency and overall network performance. This global reach, combined with Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN, enables organizations to create a truly borderless and responsive network infrastructure in minutes.
Cisco’s PAYG model for Equinix services enables businesses to accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. The agility and scalability provided by this approach empowers organizations to embrace emerging technologies by providing a network that mimics the cloud environment.
To learn more about PAYG for Equinix services read this blog.
We’d love to hear what you think. Ask a Question, Comment Below, and Stay Connected with #CiscoPartners on social!